Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Traditional style 32-34 ford fiberglass cars - Any pic's?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fordor Ron, Aug 20, 2015.

1. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

Quick mea cupa for posting the Zipper on post #41 as this thread was intended to show 32-34 glass cars

2. Geez, Jeff that's harsh. My 4bar setup was designed and built in the early '60s which is the era I was aiming for. Take a look at the Grabowski T or Ivo's as just a couple of examples off the top of my head..

Sorry, I get defensive when it comes to this sort of thing as I was careful to keep everything on the car pre-'65 (except the overdrive tranny)...

Dave

deadbeat likes this.
  3. :D 'Preciate that!

Dave

4. Sorry Dave, was only my personal preference.
    I really like the look of hairpins.
    Don't take it personally. :)

rodncustomdreams and da34guy like this.
  5. Xman

Xman

I gotta ask, Pewsplace why on earth did you ever sell that car? It's a beauty.

6. UNCLECHET

UNCLECHET

Here's my old roadster. Outstanding in a field! Royboy photo. field.jpg

Willy Lee, MO_JUNK, mgtstumpy and 3 others like this.
  7. I too run a chromed 4 bar front end. I'm not crazy over the looks of it but I do love the smile of my chromed tubular axle.
    Another plus is the handling and strength of a 4 bar front. ROCK SOLID.
    I love hairpins but I'm keeping what I got for now.

UNCLECHET and deadbeat like this.
  8. Did sound personal didn't it? Sorry. My skin's a wee bit thin after countless comments on "kit car", "small block Chevy" (it's a 327), "modern 4-bar", etc.. Truth is I love my Deuce and wouldn't change a thing after 10 years of enjoyment. I also wouldn't want you or anyone to change their opinion either - otherwise every hot rod would look exactly the same! We wouldn't want that! Thanks for liking the car enough to notice!!

More pics please - these are some awesome rods!

Dave

deadbeat and robracer1 like this.
  9. bostonhemi

bostonhemi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great thread. TY its giving me a lot of great ideas for my other project.

Attached Files:

10. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

I ask myself the same question so I decided to build another one if I live long enough.

11. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Here are some more photos of the Wescott body roadster. Three owners so far… I added hinges on my new version.

33 RdstrLucyblk 3-12.jpg 2011_04010010.jpg 2011_04010011.jpg
    1933-ford-roadster-new-interior.jpg 33 014.jpg IMG_0103.jpg

MO_JUNK, 32 4door, mgtstumpy and 7 others like this.
  12. ^^^^ This car is incredible. I wonder how much of a price difference there is between building a glass 32 vs a glass 34? Seems like a 34 would cost more, all things being equal.

Thoughts?

13. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

One phone call should answer your questions.
    Wescotts@503-658-3183

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  14. A couple of NZ cars. JW
    [​IMG]

15. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

Jeremy....The `34 is tasty....Who owns it? Anyone I know?.....Probably not, eh.....

16. Hey there Paul, it was from the Tauranga area and was for sale a while back, nice looking car and you know the owner of the grey 32........Lloyd Wilson. Sorry I don't know the owner of the 34 with 33 front but I bet you would know him. JW:D

17. my roadster &Bob\'s 3w 011.JPG my roadster &Bob\'s 3w 013 (640x480).jpg 1992 Wescot body.

MO_JUNK, Willy Lee, mgtstumpy and 4 others like this.
  18. tony starr

tony starr

9500089883_73e3e1db8d_s.jpg

MO_JUNK, Willy Lee, mgtstumpy and 3 others like this.
  19. I did say usually.:rolleyes:
    Instead of being a smarty pants, how about being helpful. Does that car have a steel firewall incorporated?

20. I'd like to know the same thing. Steel firewall?

21. tony starr

tony starr

wish i could say there's a steel firewall or cowl but this is all glass.

22. Do you have any closer/detailed photos?

23. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Bodies are about the same price $11/12,000 with Duvall windshield but the hood, grille and aprons are real pricey — real or reproduction. Deuce parts are more plentiful in our area.

Fordor Ron likes this.
  24. prpmmp

prpmmp

[​IMG] This is a steel firewall in a glass body. Had to resize it smaller to fit,also made a fiberglass panel from the steel firewall to glass in behind for added strength and seal it up. Pete

25. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Tony....
    That's one cool piece regardless of it's DNA.

26. CoronetRTguy

CoronetRTguy

Everyone of these cars are AWESOME! I wouldn't know if I saw them on the street if they were glass or metal cars. I think the build and what parts you use set the car off to being traditional or modern. Great thread and keep the cars coming!

Nicholas Coe and lothiandon1940 like this.
  27. 08racer

08racer
    from Gilbert AZ

Glass or steel doesn't really matter. A cool car is a cool car at the end of the day. All these cars on this post are bad ass. My next car will be glass forsure. (Can't afford Henry's Mark up) And the old steel cars have soul argument is bs. You give it the soul when you breathe life into the build. A traditional build is all about the look and style. At the end of the day this is our hobby. Build them, drive them, and pass on the love. You can't take them with you...My 2 cents.

28. I've built 2 fiberglass 32 hiboys for myself in the last 40 years and couldn't have had more fun in a steel car. And I didn't have to fix rust and dents.

AHotRod, lothiandon1940 and j3harleys like this.