Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Stolen Metalworking Equipment and 32 Parts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kiwi Tinbender, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

I got a call from a Metalshaper friend of mine yesterday about a very disturbing theft. This was from a shop in the area west of Boise, Idaho, belonging to an older gentleman that was in California at the time. The thieves cut a hole in the shop roof to get in, and took these parts.

Ten assorted handheld Planishing hammers (CP, Watervliet, Milwaukie, etc)
    Four Shrinker/Stretcher Machines (Floormount-Erco and Marchant type)
    An Erco Flanger (no tooling though)

Also taken were a set (front and rear) of newly painted `32 Ford Fenders from a Roadster project in final assembly, along with all the chrome dropped axle and suspension from this car.

When the Sheriff arrived to check on the property, as he knew the owner was out of town, the door had been propped open a hair, as if to prepare for a return effort to clean the place out. This shop has a Yoder Hammer, Pullmax, and other pieces. These were able to be saved.Since the parts taken are pretty rare and easy to spot, I would put all you guys on the alert. If any Equipment suddenly shows up for sale in your area, or any doubtful guys you know suddenly have new stuff, let me know.

Perhaps the only `good` news is that the `32 Roadster going together actually belonged to the afore mentioned Sheriff. I`m sure that this investigation will certainly be an `Active` one.....

Atwater Mike, bct and stillrunners like this.
  2. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I'll keep my eyes open around here. Stealing the local sheriffs fenders, oh yea, that's REAL swift...:rolleyes:

wojojo likes this.
  3. The37Kid

The37Kid

Bumping this one to the top, hope everything finds it way back home. When does Elk season open, hope it is a safe one. Bob

4. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Tweekers

5. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

But they are usually targeting stuff they can flip quickly for drugs, not metal shaping tools and '32 parts. JMO, but these guys sound like they knew what they were looking for, which is more disturbing. They probably cased his shop at some point before he left, and knew he was out of town(door propped open to come back). If there are guys in the area ripping off hot rod stuff specifically, that's more of a concern than some random tweakers just looking for tools they can pawn for dope.
    Tweekers broke into my shop, and MOVED a $600 1050 dominator to steal a relatively new $80 B&D drill!:D shiiiiney... Morons...:rolleyes:

Low Beam and flatford39 like this.
  6. 333tinman

333tinman
    from MASS.

I want to bump this up again . this sucks I hope they catch these guys and run there fingers through the planishing hammer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Tinman is right, we all need to make sure this stays active with btt's.

8. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

yes , sounds like they had a shopping list and knew what was there before busting in

9. stimpy

stimpy

I would be suprised if the stuff stays in the area as its odd and would be hard to dispose of unless it has a buyer who was looking for it .. kind of like the stuff they stole from a shop by me , they sold it in the KC and Dallas area as they knew everyone locally ( regionally) was looking for it .

falcongeorge likes this.
  10. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

11. slowmotion

slowmotion

Someone knew specifically what they were after, that's the disturbing part. Someone in the hobby/business, no good POS. Tweekers wouldn't know a planishing hammer from a door knob. Hope the sheriff finds 'em & busts their ass.

12. oj

oj

I agree with Racemaster, the mopes that did it knew the shop, knew the owner is away, knew the value of the equipment and where to cut a hole.

slack likes this.
  13. Tim_with_a_T

Tim_with_a_T

Paul, I told my family about it and asked to spread the word. Bump to the top.

14. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

Should of just left everything as is and hung some really good cameras and alarms via Internet and waited for their return ?

15. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

Thanks, Everyone. There is some thought that it was an inside job. There was a visitor at the shop from the Seattle area that spun a good `I am a Metalshaper` story. You never know, though. I hear from Tim that there is more Gang activity in the area than you would think. The tweeker story would fit as well, though. Depends if those pieces weigh much, maybe.......

If I hear anything, I`ll post it here....

16. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Chances are they are already in someones shop or garage if it was stolen to order.

17. VonMoldy

VonMoldy
    from UTARRGH!

Blame the rat rodders.

bct likes this.
  18. 56premiere

56premiere
    from oregon

What shop? I'm not far from there and there are a few swaps coming up.

19. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I'll give it a bump back to top, hope the stuff is found and the thieves are caught.
    Plus I'll add that today, if you have nice stuff in a shop, then you better have a state of the art alarm system that is connected by cell phone to monitoring service. Expensive? yes, but how much did that stolen equipment cost??

20. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Damn thieves!!!! Someone had a shopping list and was aware of what was there and the times someone was not around. Hope they are caught and prosecuted.

21. verde742

verde742

why the heck didn't they wait for the return trip.?

22. Roadsir

Roadsir

If it was an inside job you'd think they would know the 32 belonged to the Sheriff. It's probably run of the mill idiot thieve's that don't know uniqueness of the tools or parts, and that is what will get them caught...(well that and the fact they stole from the Sheriff!)

23. this is like a really bad episode of "WALKING TALL"!:eek: You can bet the sheriff is gonna find his parts and i would hate to be these dumb assholes when he does!

Hnstray likes this.
  24. jazz1

jazz1

Sounds like someone filling a shopping list and topping up their tool cabinet. Certainly not random theft.

25. Mother F#ckers. Walking Tall is good and all ... but mine would have been a scene from "Deliverance". Wonder why a few AR15 equipped hee haws couldn't have just laid in wait for those bozos to return? Sucks.

26. Nemosgarage

Nemosgarage

back to the top hope somebody finds his stuff.

27. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Fricking scum bags! Hope to hell they are found and suitably taken care of.

28. 50John

50John
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

And check your home owners policies. Found out mine had a $500 dollar limit on tool coverage.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

29. marshall

marshall
    from tacoma/wa.

Do you have a name of the so called metal shaper from Seattle .
    I'll keep an eye out
    Marshall