Register now to get rid of these ads!

Round 6 Sydney Dragway 29 August 2015

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by spanners, Aug 28, 2015.

1. spanners

spanners

Round 6 is on this weekend at Sydney but unfortunately due to something going haywire in my right knee, I won't be there. It's one of the few times I almost wish I drove a door car. Getting in and out is impossible (I tried it when my wife wasn't watching) so you will have to rely on one of the others for race reports.

2. Old28

Old28

Hope you get well soon, the hot rod will feel alone in the shop this weekend. I have only drove open dragsters and altereds for 45+ years but a nice wide door car is looking better each day.:rolleyes:

3. spanners

spanners

Thanks for the thoughts Old28. I'm supposed to be racing in Queensland next weekend but that's looking unlikely.
    It has at least given me a chance to check a few things on the car. I pulled up a chair and ran through the tappets in between hot packs on the knee. I found one adjuster had mushroomed over where it sat in the pushrod. Replaced the adjuster, no damage to the pushrod. It might explain the misfiring I was getting as instead of 12thou. gap there was about 30thou.
    I checked on what was going on in Sydney yesterday using 1320go, that live streaming gizmo. Seems like the 4 that were there had a mixed day. The highlight, or lowlight for some, was Gerard running 13.599 on a 13.60 dial and losing to Jeff. Steve Peruch from Mangrove Mountain was obviously trying a bit too hard with 2 redlights in Chicago Shootouts. Looks like they need me there to keep them in line or on edge:D.The final ended up being Jeff against his brother Steve with Steve taking the win. Congratulations to Steve.

Drewfus likes this.