Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1929 Willys-Knight model 56 sedan, running & driving barn find

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by Moe Drum, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Moe Drum

Moe Drum

City: Chesapeake

State: Virginia
    Price: 15,000.
    New barn find. RUST FREE Willys Knight, model 56, 4 door sedan for sale. That is not rust in the photos, it is sixty-five years of dust! I have not cleaned the exterior of this car since I pulled it out of the garage it was in. Everyone is looking for that original patina these days, here it is. The inside only needed a good vacuuming to clean up and that has been done. The paint will shine if the car is washed.

This vehicle had been in storage since 1949 in a dry garage on a North Carolina tobacco farm outside of Raleigh. It is completely original and has been family owned since new. The owner passed away in the early 1980's and his son inherited the car. The son passed away and the grandson inherited the car about a year ago and I purchased it a month ago.

All gauges work. The interior is in good condition with the exception of a small hole in the rear seat and some mohair loss from moth damage. The headliner is perfect and the original window shades are intact. The electrical system is in great shape since it was manufactured with armor covered wiring. The canvas roof of the car does have a split in it and should be repaired or taped over at a minimum.

As I said, the car is completely original with only necessary items being replaced to make it drivable. Everything works on this car. It can and has been driven. It is licensed and insured. It starts and runs perfectly. Holds good oil pressure.

The following have been replaced or serviced:

5 new tires and inner tubes (spare not yet installed)
    Distributor cap and rotor button
    Plug wires
    Fan belt
    All hoses
    Battery
    Front brakes relined
    Engine flushed and oil changed
    Transmission gear oil changed
    Rear end gear oil changed
    Fuel tank cleaned

The Auto-Lite generator and TRICO windshield wiper motor are off of the car and are being serviced and should be back in a week to 10 days and are included.

1929 VA license tag will transfer with sale to a VA buyer.

Please message me through HAMB, call or text for more information, 757-679-5026.

Offers, trades and partial trades considered, domestic antique autos, hot rods and domestic antique motorcycles only.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

2. Moe Drum

Moe Drum

3. Moe Drum

Moe Drum

Price drop... $13k.

4. Moe Drum

Moe Drum

5. Moe Drum

Moe Drum

SOLD!!!! thanks HAMB