Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1951 Chevy Coupe one piece windshield

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Mr Lucky, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Mr Lucky

Mr Lucky

I am looking for a supplier of a one piece windshield close to Indianapolis. Does anyone know of any?

2. BJR

BJR

Use an Oldsmobile one piece windshield from the same year, it fits.

3. Drive'em

Drive'em

What BJR said.

4. Angliaguy

Angliaguy

Mine came from O E M Glass Inc in Bloomington Il (800) 283-2122 or (309) 662-2122 Mine is also chopped also
    The Card that I have says Stacy Baker. This has been a while Hope they are still in Business

Bill

5. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

We did this update with the nephews 51 Bus Coupe. I don't remember who we got the windshield from, but it was shipped to us. We bought the new windshield gasket from NCA or Chevs of the 40's. The nephew has all the paperwork at his house, while the car is here at my place, and I can't check. We made the mistake of installing the windshield/gasket without looking closely at the gasket, and it was meant for a car with trim around the windshield, not just the plain gasket we ordered, and the gaskets are different. Too late to sent it back after it was installed. Be sure of what you have before installing! It sure changes the whole look of the car, not having the divider in the windshield(s). I am Butch/56sedandelivery.