Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features TWEETY BIRD, JIM GOVRO'S BEAUTIFUL CHANNELED 32 ROADSTER RETURNS AFTER 50 YEARS, KERVILLE DRAGS

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Tweety's Resurrection, Jul 31, 2015.

1. I sent you a private conversation here on the HAMB....

2. Jim is my stepdad. It has been so awesome in helping him to get Tweety Bird back. Jim channeled the roadster in 1951 when he was in high school in Austin, Texas. When we found it, Tweety was totally apart. I am trying to put it back together like it was in Hot Rod Magazine August 1958. Even with it in pieces the coooool factor is sooooo six flaggs593.jpg six flaggs592.jpg still there. six flaggs628.jpg six flaggs631.jpg six flaggs634.jpg six flaggs627.jpg

3. Wow! Good on ya for finding it again. Was it a tough search or had you kept track of her all along? Wonder too if it is mostly all there yet?

I'll watch this one!
    Dave

4. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Wasnt there already an build thread?

I really likes this car a style of cars, thats we dont see much in new builds, what a shame !

I Will look forward to see it in the resurection, keeper up you picture rate in posts to come

Its so cool that he got the seat so deep, that he could sit in it, not on it, with a wouping 7 1/2 Channel!!
    Iconic

Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
    chryslerfan55 likes this.
  5. chevyfordman

chevyfordman

I'd like to see pictures of the present day parts

tb33anda3rd and volvobrynk like this.
  6. Jim thinks he was just a punk kid in the 50's with a nothing special old hot rod. I've been telling him what you did in the 50's set the bar for what is considered the standard of what is cool today. I loaded up Tweety's remains and went to Lonestar Round Up car show. Hundreds of people came by that new the car and lots of car builders drooled over what Jim built in the 50's. Jim is the real deal. The first day there we never left our display of Tweety,no bathroom break, no food or water. It was awesome to see Jim as the coolest man on the hot rod scene. The bottom three pics are how we found the car when we bought it back. You can see the main shell that it was being unchanneled and was going to be put back to the stock height. Tweety still has some of the paint and all of the interior that Jim had done in the 50's. DSCN1179.JPG DSCN1169.JPG DSC_5006.JPG 030.JPG 042.JPG 072.JPG

7. I sold a man a Model A shifter at a swap meet and as he walked off he pulled out his cell phone and said " We need to move the model a out of the garage and Tweety" My heart skipped a few beats and i asked him if he would come back and talk to Jim. Jim pulled out from under the truck seat the August 1958 Hot Rod Magazine that he was featured in and showed the man the pics of him with Tweety Bird. The man said "Jim I own your car"

8. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi. This is very interesting as I am a friend of Jim's older brother Don who is an active member of our local chapter of the AACA down in Victoria, Tx. The other day when the first post came up on this I printed it out & took it with me to our get together Wed. I will print this one out as well for him.
    Don was also big in the hot rod & racing scene in Austin in the 50's - 60's.
    Jimmie

chryslerfan55, Outback and kiwijeff like this.
  9. We are kind of at a stand still Jim's health is declining along with my mom's. I have now about 95% of what Tweety was. I'm hoping the Hot Rod brotherhood can help put Jim back behind the wheel again. DSCN1216.JPG

10. If you look up Jim on the internet it will show Jim with a gasser. It is really Don with his willy gasser.

11. Nobey

Nobey

Wow what a find, I remember that car, but can't remember if it had a leather
    tooled dash. Have fun.....
    Never mind, I just saw your other post.....

12. I have pushed this wheel to nearly full circle. this is a project of love more than anything. A man who gave up what he owned to provide for his family, and another man who gave up what he owned to make another mans dream come true. Tweety is a true icon of that early post war generation hot rodders. You can see someone was raising the car back to stock height before we got it back. six flaggs593.jpg six flaggs608.jpg DSCN1178.JPG

13. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

That's cool good luck

Subscribed

14. Nobey

Nobey

Lotta Tweety Bird threads, I can't keep up!!!!

15. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

16. It would be somewhat easier for us to follow along if you would keep all the post's under the first thread.

17. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Agreed, as interesting as this story is, it is really annoying trying to follow all the different threads.
    To keep it all on one thread would not be that difficult.

18. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

I wish I was closer, I would love to help!
    But half way around the world, and it's out of my budget to fly over and for a once a week club meeting.

But I will offer my moral support, and all the help I can give, over the www.

19. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

You really need to stop with the multiple threads on the same subject.
    Moderators, could all of these threads be rolled into one ?

volvobrynk likes this.
  20. Please combine all your threads....many will lose interest and NOT hunt for all your postings..

spinout, hotrodtom and Spoggie like this.
  21. Nobey

Nobey

It's okay, I don't know how to combine all the threads, but I'm sure someone here can help.
    Anyone???

22. draggin'GTO

draggin'GTO

Send a private message (start a conversation) to one of the moderators here, they should be able to merge all of the threads together into one. Most moderators have this ability on internet forums, forum members never have the access needed to perform this.

chryslerfan55 and Frankie47 like this.
  23. Potential for thread orgies .... hell, maybe fun. Don't drop the soap.

Stogy and volvobrynk like this.
  24. Looking forward to the combined threads. HRP

volvobrynk likes this.
  25. Keep at it,,you'll be able to pull all the threads together. HRP

26. A big fat book mark with the frilly yarn tassel ... just in case I lick my fingers readin'.

27. That thing is bad. I think everyone in Jim's world just wants to share their enthusiasm. The "log-in keys" are being passed through the anxious hands. Takes a while to figure the posting threads part out considering. I have enjoyed hanging my shingle on every one. Don't wanna' miss one after all this time away from Jim !! Hello there Tweety Tex' !!

Outback likes this.
  28. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I have always loved this car. Always wondered why he never put a set of running boards on it. Excess weight I guess! Hope you can get it back together soon.

29. You can just keep adding to this one, or whichever one is your favorite. It makes it easier for everyone else to track. Other then having several that may or may not be fully up to date. You're good. The content you post is fantastic so far.