Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Maricopa, Arizona

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1oldtimer, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Anyone one close to Maricopa, Arizona that might want to look at a car. Some pics and general rust check, I'm waiting to hear back from the owner. It's on the auction website so I'd feel WAY more comfortable if someone from here looked at it.

Thanks in advance.

2. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

1oldtimer, what did you find over there in "Sheriff Joe's" country?

3. maybe an ltd wagon?

4. Studebaker wagon, running, driving car. Just need to make sure it's as described. I hate to try to buy a vehicle out of my local area, but I can't find one around here in good shape.

5. Bubba1955

Bubba1955

The city of Maricopa is actually in Pinal County. Safe from that gas bag of a Sheriff.

6. Phoenix 35 miles away, Chandler is 25 miles............

7. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

It is quite evident that the voting citizens of Maricopa County disagree with you.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
    Hnstray, slack and Muttley like this.
  8. d2_willys

d2_willys
    from Kansas

Where in Maricopa? Is it at Hidden Valley auto parts?

9. Private party on EBay. It looks like it's south of Phoenix.
    image.jpg

10. HamD

HamD

Did he not send you clear pictures, top and bottom?
    What are your areas of concern?

11. Bubba1955

Bubba1955

Well not lately. "The latest public opinion poll on the perennial, but now embattled, sheriff shows 38 percent of respondents rated Arpaio's job performance as "excellent/good," according to pollsters from the Phoenix-based Behavior Research Center."... He's already admitted to civil contempt of court charges and likely will soon be facing charges of criminal contempt of court.
    His house of cards is imploding.
    http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...na-arpaio-msco-popularity-poll-abrk/28021565/

12. threewindaguy

threewindaguy

Jhe good people like him, bad people....not so much.

13. HamD

HamD

I know a fella with some time in tent city. I am pretty sure his practice of what he was convicted of has changed drastically.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
    slack likes this.
  14. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I started this with referring to M. Co. as J. A. cty. as an effort to get this post back to the top, and I apoligize for that as it started this up. Not my intent.
    Now can we get back to helping this man check out his find? A Studebaker wagon is rare indeed.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
  15. He did post my questions with some answers on the listing, but the pictures he was going to take haven't been posted yet. I needed to know for sure if there was no roof rust around the gutters or floor rust or any bad rust. I have a hard time trusting others selling something I can't look at myself or having detailed pictures of the product being sold for me to look at. I've looked local and the ones I've seen have been pretty rusty (not in areas seen by regular photos), this was close enough for me to drive to get it, but not really close enough to get to before the end.

16. d2_willys

d2_willys
    from Kansas

I know where Maricopa is, daughter lives there. What is the address of this item?

17. Thanks d2, but it just went off...............

18. Now I own a Studebaker, in the pics it looks good but we'll see. Never bought a car without touching it myself first. Guess I'm going to Maricopa this weekend. Girlfriend wanted out of her newer car, so now the whole fleet doesn't have to be smogged. Maybe an underdash a/c unit in the future?.
    [​IMG]

19. That doesn't look too bad Dan....

20. Hey Mike, lets hope so.....I'm kinda nervous. It's a 259 V8 with a A/T, kinda well optioned wagon.

I like green,
    9.JPG

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  21. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Let us know what you find when you get there and pick it up.
    Lots of guys I worked with came to ATL from PHX when Air West was bought by Republic and much of the aircraft maintenance was moved to ATL. These guys said that cars that had been out there in that hot dry climate since new seldom had any rust problems, but deteriorated rubber and plastic could be a problem if the cars weren't kept parked out of the sun. From the looks of that dash pad, this car doesn't have that problem.