Register now to get rid of these ads!

New to the HAMB from northeast PA

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Adkmtns, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Adkmtns

Adkmtns

Hey guys ... I've been into rods and drag racing since born. Dad raised me right !!! ;)
    I've had several different rides over the years but sold everything to pay lawyers during my divorce. Been awhile since I've built anything so I picked up a 38 Ford pu that somebody started to hot rod a long time ago, I found it in the weeds at a nearby farm. It's been chopped(not finished) and the frame had been repainted at one time. I was going to do a traditional hot rod but I don't do trendy and need to stand out fom the crowd, don't get me wrong I love the trad rods but everybody does them and now the rat rod thing is big. I'm going to build it like an old C/A drag car from the late 50's, gonna channel and slide the body back, shortened bed, push bar, roll bar, chute, set the engine back some, front end up a bit, moon tank, etc. as soon as I figure out how to post pics I will. I just started the project a couple weeks ago so it doesn't look like much yet but it'll be fun. Gonna start with a 283 turbo 400 drivetrain but I'll probably steal a 409 from the old man later on down the road :)