Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Mild 1952 Coronet

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by The Brown Sound, Jan 25, 2015.

1. You are going to have a hell of a time removing the rear tires if you go with that size once the block are on. It's already kind of tricky for me and I have the 7.10-15 Firestone bias plys

The Brown Sound likes this.
  2. AndersF

AndersF

On my 53 when i hade the loweringblocks i have to have a small jackstand between axle and
    frame to give me clearense to change wheel.

3. 49Dodgeboy

49Dodgeboy

Great car to start with, looks all there and ready for a good clean up. Bet that paint will polish up fine too. left mine 6v..no issues so far and the flatty run good too. I did the T-5 5 speed conversion, now it needs another carb :)
    have fun

4. The Brown Sound

The Brown Sound
    from Maryland

Thanks guys! I will go with the 7.10x15 then.

@49Dodgeboy , T5 sounds like an awesome swap. Is that a big improvement for highway driving?

5. 49Dodgeboy

49Dodgeboy

yes definitely but sure feels the need for more carburation.. Will be working on that soon

6. The Brown Sound

The Brown Sound
    from Maryland

Haven't done much recently. I wanted to address the no-spark problem so I just took the shotgun approach and am going through the ignition, replacing the coil, condenser, points, and distributor cap. The rotor looks fine to me.

Gotta order some new shoes for it so I can roll it out into the driveway and really get the rest of the filthy caked-on grease off so I can finish up the brakes and paint the chassis, wheelwells, and floor. I found a product called Greez-Off that works great, but it must be washed off.

I have another question. Does anyone have an access hole in the floor to get to the master cylinder? I don't. How are you supposed to access the reservoir fill plug to bleed this thing without removing that part of the floor?

7. 49Dodgeboy

49Dodgeboy

my '49 has an access panel just at the heel of the gas pedal ( see pic) 49 DASH 5-2015.jpg

8. The Brown Sound

The Brown Sound
    from Maryland

Sure enough... I wonder why mine doesn't have one. Still have to fix that section of the floor/firewall so I'll be sure to make provisions to add that panel. Thanks!

49Dodgeboy likes this.
  9. 49Dodgeboy

49Dodgeboy

had to make a cut in the carpet for it but I went from Flintstone floors to this....

Attached Files:

10. The Brown Sound

The Brown Sound
    from Maryland

Okay, another rookie question. What's the safest way to get the rear end of the car in the air? Am I safe to jack it up on the shackles and place the stands by the crossmember? Time to do the rear brakes and install the drop blocks. But I'm paranoid about lifting cars up and getting under them still. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1438123552.864507.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1438123566.869684.jpg

11. Wayne67vert

Wayne67vert

Put the stands in front of the spring connectors and wheels. This will leave room to roll the rear axle out without the stands being in the way.

12. The Brown Sound

The Brown Sound
    from Maryland

Thanks, that's sort of what I was thinking at first but it's closer to the middle of the car than what I would have thought ideal.

13. The Brown Sound

The Brown Sound
    from Maryland

Pin on the block won't line up. Is this a big deal or will it settle when it's off the stands? ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1438132308.202414.jpg

14. CM3112

CM3112
    from Spring, TX

The pin needs to seat into the hole. From the picture it is hard to tell exactly how it's misaligned. Check your axle alignment front to back and side to side. If all you have done is add the block, it should all go back together the same.

15. The Brown Sound

The Brown Sound
    from Maryland

Got it, thanks. There's always a learning curve the first time I do anything no matter how simple it is.

It's looking nice, I'll clean the garage and the post some photos.

16. alicia-dusty

alicia-dusty

check out these ,p15-d24.com , Robert's motor parts