Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 36 coupe trunk lid

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mrquickwhip, Jul 28, 2015.

1. mrquickwhip

mrquickwhip

shippers have lost my 36 ford five window coupe trunk lid and now they're asking me to give them a value. I have pics of trunk lid and I would say it was very good. Can anyone give me a guide price for a replacement? image.jpg image.jpg

2. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

1000 bucks. A nice one of those is HARD to find.
    Good luck, -Abone.

3. mrquickwhip

mrquickwhip

They emailed me last night and asked me so I gave them a figure of $2000......they lost it and I'm liable for first five hundred so im trying to make sure im covered...thanks for replying

4. i was going to say at least $1000.....i paid $700 for the one on the car in my avatar about 12 years ago , so i may be a bit out of touch

5. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Not to bring up a sore subject, but remember you have to bake in shipping and insurance for your eventual replacement deck lid-and to Scotland can't be cheap.

Why the $500 deductible on you? They don't insure themselves on their actions below $500? What if the part was clearly valued at $475? You're SOL?

6. eberhama

eberhama

I agree with the 1000-1200 figure. The so-so one on my car was 600 back in '07.

7. mrquickwhip

mrquickwhip

I won't be paying for shipping......my stance is if it would've been on my car that I paid to have shipped then they can ship it. They also lost a spare grill I had sent to them to go in the container....they've since found that in their warehouse. I also had spare rear fenders sent to them to go in my container. Apparently the rear fenders were put into another container. They have confirmed all this in emails. The $500 is deductible on any of their container shipping claims. This has been going on for around four weeks. They asked why I didn't inform them sooner. My reply was they didn't send me pics of the coupe when they received it from the transporter they organised so you can imagine my shock when the sealed shipping container got opened in Scotland. They have admitted liability so now it's a negotiation game...i,ll keep you all posted....hopefully someone will have a good trunk lid

8. BTW coupe rear fenders are super pricey (and original grills), $1500 and up for a pair depending on condition HERE in the states.