Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Deuce Coupe STRAIGHT out of the 70's

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Corn Fed, Jul 7, 2015.

1. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Corn Fed: Tongue firmly planted in cheek...I hope...

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
  2. I'd leave it alone for a good while...that thing is a time capsule.

el Scotto, F&J and olcurmdgeon like this.
  3. Great find, hope you did well on the price, keep this thread going.

4. alsancle

alsancle

I like it the way it is or with very few changes. Please don't do an American Graffiti repop.

redlineracer42 and Tony Martino like this.
  5. alchemy

alchemy

Pretty sure he's going with the AG clone style now. The world needs more Milners. o_O

#modsquadcoupe

volvobrynk and bowie like this.
  6. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

That thing looks killer it needs mags an more carbs or a hilborn ... But I could drive it as is and not be embarrassed one bit !... Great score!

Ed hardenburgh and kidcampbell71 like this.
  7. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Gotta love the full fendered Deuces. I'd drive the shit out of it as it is and avoid anybody that didn't like it--there's no hope for some folks.

F&J and kidcampbell71 like this.
  8. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

I was one of the Sharks circling. You beat me to the punch you lucky F'er.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  9. cavman

cavman

Cool! Mine might have been it's twin. Same interior, same engine, same firewall. It still has the headliner and door panels. 002 (2).JPG Pictures the PO had of mine looked the same, until he chopped and channeled it around 1980.

kiwijeff, volvobrynk and 40fordtudor like this.
  10. brad2v

brad2v

Love it, cept maybe the dash, that's kinda goofy, but I'd probably keep it in there. Neat, neat car. I even like the tires :p

40fordtudor, F&J and kidcampbell71 like this.
  11. Make it safe and drive the hell out of it!!!

clem, volvobrynk, 40fordtudor and 2 others like this.
  12. lewk

lewk
    from Mt

Man that thing is cool.. If it were mine, I'd grow a big mustache and drive the shit out of it.

Mark Grabo, kiwijeff, Outback and 8 others like this.
  13. As I said can't just leave it alone, Have to change it, see this is where all of the cool old one go, someone has to drag it home and redo it, here is where you go and find a body and frame and build it like you just said, leave the old one alone and just enjoy them for what they are.:(:confused::eek:o_O

40fordtudor and F&J like this.
  14. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I am glad to see you have a sense of humour, I sure hope this is a fun statement to get fellow HAMBers talking.

volvobrynk likes this.
  15. Have you not been reading what 90% of the guys have quoted leave it alone and save the history find another body and build the car you just discribe and as far as clone car build one that somebody else hasn't. I know of 4 American Graffiti car's in the five state area where I live.

F&J likes this.
  16. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Fix what is scary and drive the wheels off it

40fordtudor and F&J like this.
  17. That was a damn good price on that car.
    Glad someone from here ended up with it.

brad2v, 40fordtudor and kidcampbell71 like this.
  18. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

Now you've got me confused? Don't the guys on this site like American Graffiti? Should I build it more like a rat rod? Or do you mean like something Chip Foose would do?

JimSibley, kiwijeff, Tman and 3 others like this.
  19. NealinCA

NealinCA

Rat rod for sure....like Alchemy's sedan.

20. ... maybe this is what you want. o_O
    [​IMG]

meanwhile back at the ranch.... come on .... with the drive video already !!! Vrrrooom vroom please.

21. indyjps

indyjps

Come on now 38 2 DR, everything Bowie and I suggested is bolt on, bolt off, except the dash pad, that thing is just too funky, seems like an afterthought on an otherwise well executed car. I like the interior, I like the car in all of its late 60's, early 70's glory.

volvobrynk, 40fordtudor and bowie like this.
  22. F&J

F&J

I can't tell if you are serious or not.... I think you like it mostly as is... I never gave so many likes in one thread; all went to the guys who like it for what is was and still is.

and yes, I love the AG car, it looks way more old time than the typical new built 32 on here with the "jackin' deer" big headlights :)

23. No I mean fix the safety things and leave it in it's late 60's early 70's glory and just enjoy it for what it is, it just seam when you go to a rod run and the guy says yes it was a early build but I changed all of that and lowered it, chopped it, and the next thing the history of the car is all gone. It just sadding me to see all of the old builds being change to something newer It's just like all of the old gasser that fell under the knife and became Pro Street car, and now the guy has so much invested in the car it can't be changed back. When I started playing this game of hot rods thing were still built with the traditional hot rod aspect in mind then technology can into play, mustang II front ends, pro street rear ends. oddball paint schemes, billet alumumin parts, dated things that where cool but why take and old build and change it to get all of those things, that the part I don't understand, soon all of the cool old build will be gone. I will walk pass a lower, pro street billet car and not even waste my time to look how it was built, too me all those cars are is showing off how much money one can dump into it, it's not a real hot rod to me. So please understand I am not belittling you just trying to keep the cool old cars around. If one wants to dump a bunch of money into one with all of the glitter then build a glass car and save the old build so they can be still enjoyed. Oh ya rat rod are a joke, i'm sorry but those guys are just to cheep to take the time to invest and build something that has a little class out of all the rat rod I have seem there has been maybe 3 or 4 that I even enjoy looking at.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
    F-ONE likes this.
  24. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well there are so frigging many AG 32 clones now that Goodguys will probably have a special class for them and while they were cool when the movie came out they get tiresome when you see one in every other row at a car show.

You most likely already have a solid idea of where I stand on rat rods so that is out in my book.

Personally I'd do the things needed to make it safe and drivable and drive the hell out of it for a while.
    Then I'd clean up the dash, probably put a simpler top insert and interior in it and put the rear wheels inside the wheel wells and repaint it.

The padded dash is a bit much even for a rig from that era but one wonders what is hidden behind it. Guys usually padded dashes like that to cover up what some prior owner butchered up so it may not look too good behind it. Then again maybe the builder's wife wouldn't ride in it or let the kids ride in it with the steel dash right there to bang a forehead.

Vic Walter and jimgoetz like this.
  25. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

Fix the crack in the frame by the steering box and the leaking master cylinder and drive the shit out of it.

40fordtudor likes this.
  26. czuch az

czuch az

Maybe that dash is filled with '60s $20.00 bills the guy didnt want his ol' lady knowin about.
    Maybe it was done in TJ and you know what that means, weed or horse pucky.
    I'd fix the scary stuff, hang my dice, pop in some Mama's and Papa's and go get some phone numbers.
    (Ok, maybe not so much on that last sentence.)

brad2v likes this.
  27. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

I'd point out that his clearly fucking with you guys but it's way to fun to watch you all lose your damn minds over it

bowie, kiwijeff, 46Chief and 5 others like this.
  28. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

you're new here, ain'tcha?
    take the time to read Corn Fed's profile and you'd know he's fuggin with allya

*edit* I see Tim beat me to it

29. trailer-Ed

trailer-Ed
    from JC, MO

Glad someone I know got it. I was looking at it really hard myself.

30. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

But for the record I would change it haha