Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Mild shoebox build

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by KFC, May 20, 2014.

1. 51's have a different floor then 49-50

2. 1949*john

1949*john

what a great color , ya just gotta love those shoe boxes !

3. Hotrodtattooin

Hotrodtattooin

Hi kfc nice looking car ,I'm currently building a 50 shoebox in the uk and I was wondering if the rear licence plate surround on the rear is a 50 chevy front plate surround and if it is how much fabrication is need to fit many thanks
    Graham

4. KFC

KFC
    from UK

Yes it is , basically it requires minor grinding to match the profile of the bumper and the mounting tabs moving slightly at least to mount like mine

5. Rathbone

Rathbone

Subscribed! Do the mercury headlights fit well? The look like they would almost just bolt straight on.

6. KFC

KFC
    from UK

They aren't bad , but not a perfect fit. We added a tab to the top inner edge so they hook on and used the original lower tab as a latch, they'll get Frenched eventually.

7. KFC

KFC
    from UK

8. Rathbone

Rathbone

I wish my bumpers were that nice. I'm having my grill rechromed because you can't buy much for a '49, but my bumpers would need a lot of hand work to remove all of the dents. I also have that fog light for the center of the grill.

9. KFC

KFC
    from UK

There not that good the pictures very kind , lots of peeling chrome and bashes, rear is a little twisted