Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 32 Roadster Build Thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by cully33, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Thanks Waxhead, sorry no banger parts used to have a running B banger engine that I pulled out of my coupe but sold that a while ago.

2. Thanks for the comments rmp56, the brackets are an aftermarket bolt on engine mount for the flathead, came with the car when I got it. Will be doing some mods to them and making them a weld in, so I can run lever shocks up front.

3. waxhead

waxhead
    from West Oz

Any updates Cully ??

4. Sorry Waxhead, I wish I could update but presently the roadster is in storage while we re-locate to new property, plus have to build new shed hopefully should be sorted in the next few months.
    Cully

5. Hey Cully, where are you moving to?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. FOURTYDLX

FOURTYDLX

Really in joyed your build so far,Good luck on the move.

cully33 likes this.
  7. Hi Guys, thanks for checking in even though I have nothing to add to the 32 build, this is the new place not far from where I am currently living, 29 acres on the river, but no shed as yet hope to have it all sorted out and be back on the build by the end of the year.

Cully

FH from water.jpg

draider, fnjunk and thommoina33 like this.
  8. Nice one, looks like you're going to need a boat now☺️

cully33 likes this.
  9. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Nice place, but every time I see a place that close to water I ask myself "does that river ever flood" ? :eek:
    Although as dry as parts of Western Australia have been recently I'm not sure.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
  10. Cully, nice shack you have there.
    Al.

cully33 likes this.
  11. Nobey

Nobey

Wow, thats a beautiful place Cully, good on you. Looks like you already have a boat,
    judging by the wake in the photo. Rich

cully33 likes this.
  12. Nobey, got it right already have the boat, that's where the pic was taken from, thanks for the comments, river has never flooded as far as I know but could always be a first time that's why we have very comprehencive flood insurance. Once I get set up with the new shed, I figure when I wake up in the morning if it's a nice day I might go fishing, if the weather is crap then down the shed I will head to work on the cars.

Cully

13. Super Streak

Super Streak
    from Florida

Beautiful home, congratulations. The roadster is coming out awesome. I really like the vintage parts you've used in your build. Keep up the good job!

cully33 likes this.
  14. fnjunk

fnjunk
    from Australia

Wow Cully that's a killer spot mate congratulations.
    No doubt the shed will be well planed can't wait to see it.
    Thanks for sharing.

cully33 likes this.
  15. Cully, It will be interesting to see what you come up with for your new shed. Bet it will be killer for sure. New shed is almost as exciding as building a new hot rod.
    Take care mate, Dennis

cully33 likes this.
  16. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Hey mates---Just curious.
    For us guys on this side of the big water can you explain where the term "shed"came from.
    Over here it's a garage or a shop, the little gray building in my avatar shows what many of us might call a shed here.
    Doug

17. A "Shed" in Aussie terms is a storage structure, that is separate from the house, typically located in the back corner of the property. Land size is generally between 700 - 400m2 in suburbia so most houses have a small,(8ft x 8ft x 6ft) Garden shed (made from zinc or aluminium, but originally corrugated iron sheet) This is where we keep our lawn mowers and tools and junk.

Bigger sheds, or anything with power run to it would probably be referred to as a workshop, although shed is used to describe all.
    For me, if it's attached to the house and made of bricks it's a workshop.

Shearing sheds, think sheep, on farm property's is probably where the term originated in Australia ??

A Garage is where we park the cars, and work on them if room permits. A Shop has commercial connotations, as we go to the "Shops" to buy stuff so that's out too.

cully33 likes this.
  18. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Roger that Deluxe
    My wife says I'm way too anal about my shop, as I made a pact (w/myself); there would be no rakes, shovels, mowers, tillers,etc. allowed.
    She made a pact with herself too, build me a garden shed you ass.

cully33 and greaser like this.
  19. waxhead

waxhead
    from West Oz

We must be due for an update by now. Have you got that shed sorted yet??

cully33 likes this.
  20. ... ewww, ewww, ewww ... someone say update ? EDIT : awwwwww .... I see no hammers, wood, or shed erection. Just me and mine and if it goes on for more then a few hours ... then I guess I'm supposed to call a doctor(what the ad says).

cully33 likes this.
  21. Ditto !

22. I talked to Cully a few weeks ago and they got moved into the new home and has not started on the new shed as of then. But working on drawing something up.

cully33 likes this.
  23. Sorry guys as 383deuce says just moved in about 3 weeks ago, lots to do including shed area, which I have started on, so roadster still in storage at this stage, i am hanging out to get back into the build as well, frustrating not having shed to work in.

24. We'll let you off just this once !

cully33 likes this.
  25. dad-bud

dad-bud

Cully, great looking build, thanks for sharing all your build photos and tips.
    Really looking forward to seeing your car around when you get it finished.
    Keep posting updates for us please.
    Cheers.

cully33 likes this.
  26. thumbbuster

thumbbuster

so far so good....looking in

27. thumbbuster

thumbbuster

use the first set of gauges shown...if u havent already

28. Cully,
    Well it has been a few months since we have received any news from you on the progress being made on the new shed. So I thought I would check in on how things are going.....

29. Thanks for checking in, dash # 4 is what I have gone for.

30. Hi Dennis, yes it has been a while, well the shed area and pad is all prepared and ready shed is due for delivery end of November and erection shortly after, now the bad news, I lost my job just this May, 15 years with the same company 21 years in the oil industry I have never seen it this bad. I had the funds for the shed put aside, but without an income I will have to hold off on finishing it power, concrete, diveway etc so the roadster build my be on hold for at bit longer than I would like. Anyway here are a few pics of the shed pads area.

DSCF4238.JPG DSCF4243.JPG DSCF4247.JPG DSCF4279.JPG

509garyd and kidcampbell71 like this.