Register now to get rid of these ads!

kenny g from philly

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by gbones32coupe, Jan 1, 2007.

1. gbones32coupe

gbones32coupe

Well all done wiring the car now here is the last of it. I just have to connect the wires to my turn signal switch and my gauges but it's considered done. The jumper wire in the picture is just ther for testing.The whole dash clips in easy now that I made a plug for it. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] My new tires showed up. I sand blasted the rims, painted em black and my buddy cuban put them on for me while I was away at my sisters wedding. What a great friend. I love how new tires can make the project come alive. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

AHotRod likes this.
  2. sawzall

sawzall

wheels and tires look great..

see you somewhere soon?

sawzall

3. Smith79

Smith79

did you make it to the showdown?

4. johnnyboy

johnnyboy

welcome.... awesome pics for a noobie.... hope to catch ya around some shows this season.... be sure to keep an eye out for "the deadbeaters" at the shows.... they're a bunch of hooligans. nice keg/ rear fender photo....

5. Sincity57

Sincity57
    from Austin

Damn Gbones!!! The A's looking great. Did you take it down to OC and fire it up?!! Looks like you'll be drivin her soon.

6. gbones32coupe

gbones32coupe

Got my moon tach mounted and working and all my guages in and working. gauge cluster is just a mock up. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] she is down on the ground ready to go cruisin soon inspection and tags and I am ready to roll. [​IMG] [​IMG] I'm not much of an artist but I was board or the plane to vegas so I drew up some dreams. [​IMG] [​IMG]

AHotRod likes this.
  7. synthsis

synthsis

Who's 5 Window is that in the background? I could give it a good home here in South Jersey :)

8. Nix66

Nix66
    from Detroit

Sweet is about all that words can descibe it. the story just makes it that much better. can't wait to see picks of it on the road.

9. gbones32coupe

gbones32coupe

well got it out side and took it for a spin today for the first time. It was great I was cheese faced for the whole day. It ran good and got a few thums up while I drove it around the neiborhood. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

AHotRod likes this.
  10. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

YEAH! Lookin' good bro! I would say it looks pretty damn done to me!!! Just drive it and enjoy it!! Get to work on that 32!!

Good to hear from ya' by the way! Hope to see ya' again soon! :)

11. gbones32coupe

gbones32coupe

Here is some more history with the car. dad dug up this old photo from when he use to drag race it back in the late sixtys. I am in the prosess of trying to get more pics of the car but not too many turn up so here is one. [​IMG]

AHotRod likes this.
  12. Preacher

Preacher
    Member Emeritus

Kenny that thing is sick!

I don't know which is kooler, having a grandpa that is 101 yrs old, or having his hotrod... you had both...

the car looks great.... nice job, i am sure he would be proud.

13. Niiiiiiice!!!!

14. pecker head

pecker head

COOL ! Looking good bro !

15. matthew_caine

matthew_caine
    from texas

welcome from texas! No Chop??

16. gbones32coupe

gbones32coupe

Well got model A all done and driving but not good oil pressure about 25 pounds at fast rpm and 7-9 at an idel. So I began to investigate buy pulling the pan and pump. [​IMG] I bought a new mellings high volume pump and compared the two. My dad came over and looked at it too. He found that the spring in the old pump was very weak and compared to the new pump which was stiff. We thought good that could be the problem. We still wanted to check the bearings to make shure nothing was hurt. So I pulled the main caps off and saw that one of bearings was warn and several were pitted. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] by looking at the bearings and reading the numbers on them the rod bearings said that they were 10 thousands under so I asumed that the mains would be also. So then I ordered new bearings 10 under. [​IMG] Just to be sure we mic the old bearings oposed to the new ones to see if they were the same and there was 10 thousands difference I sait ohh shit!!!!! I got the wrong bearings???? what the fu beep beep ck. My dad mic the crank and it was 12 thousands smaller than stock. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] After hours of ??????? we came to the conclution that the engine had been assembled with the wrong bearings. My dad said that he got this engine off an old drag race buddy but never had the engine running so never knew there was a oil pressure issue. Goldy found out that the crank was cut 10 under but there was standard bearings on it leaving the clearence 12 thousands and the book calls for 1-2 clearence. So we found the problem. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] To make sure we were right we used plastigage to see what the clearence is after installing the new bearings. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 6, 2008
    AHotRod likes this.
  17. gbones32coupe

gbones32coupe

After all the bull shit we fixed the problem. I had my sister and her husband (sincity57) flying out from vegas so I wanted to take them for a ride but they were staying with me and I had spent so much time in the garage that I needed to clean my house before they got here tomorrow. My dad came over the next 2 days finishing the bottom end new pump and new ribbed oil pan and gasket he even washed it for me and tried 2 new carbs on it to try to get it to run better. So any way I just wanted to thank you dad for helping me and It was fun cruising with you in the coupe. It was cool that jeff and tina got a chance to ride and drive in the car because of you made it happen. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I also put this additive in the oil to help save the flat tapped cam you should try it too PM me if you need some. called zddp plus [​IMG]

AHotRod likes this.
  18. gbones32coupe

gbones32coupe

I mad this grill for under 25$ and it dosn't look half bad. some of you might think it is cheesey but some might like it so I am posting it. Here it go's. If I had lots of money I would have cut down a 32 grill in stead but this looks ok for now. All you need is some break line and some alluminum mesh. I got this mesh from home depot it look old time so I used it. It it use for heating and ac vents and comes in 3ft sections. here is the break line. [​IMG] here is the mesh. [​IMG] [​IMG] Bend the break line around the inside lip of the grill shell and tape it. take your time and make it as tight as you can [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Cut the acess off and weld the ends together and grind it smooth make shure it fits. [​IMG] Take the tape off and lay grill ring on top of the mesh and trace it. [​IMG] cut the mesh with tin snips and bend it in the center with a strait edge. [​IMG] Bend the ends around the grill ring like you would fold a door skin. try not to bend the grill ring. [​IMG] tap edges with a hammer and plyers. roll the edge. [​IMG] [​IMG] then you have to mount it some how I welded two pins made of the same tubing on top of the grill and drilled two holes in the grill shell slid the grill up in the top and welded two nuts to the bottom of the grill and ran small fine thred scerws up in to hold it in place. kept it simple. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]. The end

AHotRod likes this.
  19. 32SEDAN

32SEDAN

Welcome from Rocket City. Diggin the project. Love those valve covers!

20. gbones32coupe

gbones32coupe

more pics from long long ago. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

AHotRod likes this.
  21. I Think your grille looks GR8, and to all the naysayers, I believe it was Victor Hugo who once said "Necessity Is The Mother Of Invention"

22. 26 roadster

26 roadster

Hey from Tennessee, love the old corvette front motor mount. Great story.

23. Total Performance

Total Performance
    from Nor Cal

24. hallrods

hallrods

Wow that car is cool it reminds me of the one my dad built in 1959 color wheels fenders I like it.

25. gbones32coupe

gbones32coupe

Back apart again for some intake gaskets ya

Attached Files:

AHotRod and dtwbcs like this.
  26. gbones32coupe

gbones32coupe

Pulled the engine out for a rebuild puffs of white smoke blowing out left side of engine Screenshot_20210129-190750.jpeg 20190413_125343.jpeg 20190413_125348.jpeg 20190418_182658.jpeg 20190418_214906.jpeg 20190418_214927.jpeg 20190419_070658.jpeg 20190419_070641.jpeg 20190419_070649.jpeg

Sent from my LM-Q720 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

lothiandon1940 and AHotRod like this.
  27. gbones32coupe

gbones32coupe

28. gbones32coupe

gbones32coupe

29. AHotRod

AHotRod

So what did you find bad with the engine? And your Dad has a engine business too?

Love the Coupe and the full wheel disc look great on it.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  30. AHotRod

AHotRod