Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects New question(s)

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by magnus13, Jun 29, 2015.

1. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Okay like the look of the 32 to, but I like the comfy feeling of the 30-31, and the price. I never owned a 30/31. Or a 32.

But the 32 frame is stronger in its stock form. A 32 frame looks good, and deserves to be seen.
    No need to channel them on less you want too.

I'm glad you can show us what you want.

The spring above or behind is also a part a wish to get a longer wheelbase or if you want to go dropped axle.

That is a personal choice, not there is nothing wrong with the spring behind. But the way Dennis Lazy does it you can't go wrong, it looks sleek.

The dropped axle won't effect how the frame is setup. If you
    Make a measurement from the center of a stock axle and horizontally out, the distance from this and up to the king pins, that measurement is zero. And if you drop it 3 inches, you will get your measurements plus 3 inches. And should lower your car 3 inches if you change nothing else.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
    lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. Is "Southern California" Bakersfield or San Diego or points east?

Charlie Stephens

3. magnus13

magnus13
    from California

To me, So Cal is the grapevine mountain range (the valley/northridge/magic mountain/lancaster) to the Mexican border. Bakersfield I've always considered central cal. I grew up outside Sacramento so my geography lines may be skewed

4. @volvobrynk if I had to choose from all the cars you posted this would be the one that I would choose. A little rough around the edges, a genny go to hell hot rod. ;)

[​IMG]

volvobrynk likes this.
  5. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Yes it's fine!!
    I have a crush in the Ronald Larson '32, but that one is fine!

There was a story on here about a survivor drag coupe with a chopped 36 truck grill, found outside a southern trailer park.
    And that is almost as good.
    There is something un spoiled and 100% era perfect about it.

But maybe if you went and build one today you get on here. Channeled, chopped, small lights, big meats in the back, hemi, 6 lug style manifolds, and spare-wheel-cover fenders, whitewalls and '36 grill.

I like it!

6. Binger

Binger
    from wyoming

When I built the frame for my coupe (I know its not a '32), I built it '32 style and pinched the frame so it was as wide as the radiator shell. I also am running a Vega steering box and I don't know if there would be room for a V8 between the rails and still clear the steering box. Its a pretty tight fit for the banger motor I am running. Make a good plan and consider everything when setting it up so you wont have to go back and change things when you find they don't fit. Good luck!
    Headlights2.jpg

7. I got about as much chance @ building a Deuce as I do at being Emperor. But if the stars aligned, I would have to run it rough at least for a little while. ;)

volvobrynk likes this.
  8. Just got here but I think you need to do more
    homework on what you want your car to be.
    You need to decide for yourself what turns you on.
    The '32 is a very lofty place to start hot rodding.
    Every component you buy is going to cost you
    a fortune, and if you build it, the costs of labor ain't cheap.
    I would start by buying a done car.
    You might try to find an A on Deuce rails and then modify it
    to look like what you want.
    At least you can drive while you play, and you wont't break the bank.
    I've always wanted a Deuce.
    I still do.
    I've got an A on Deuce rails.
    At least I got that far!
    Theres tons of great info on TRADITIONAL hot rods here.
    You might want to poke around a little before you plunge in.
    Good luck!

volvobrynk likes this.