Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Someone Scored a nice start 1940 Ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Airborne34, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Airborne34

Airborne34
    from Texas

Boy, is it just me or did someone score a decent 1940 Ford for little more than $6k. Expected it to go to $12K.

Ebay Auction number: 301676330876

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
  2. Dunno' what that means ... but on evilbay, in Argyle Texas is a fairly complete, rust free 40 Ford Coupe counting down right now at 2200 dollars as of yesternight' ... how about 'dem apples ??? Huh, huh, huh ??? (Drats. Don ^^^ beat me with the questions. Slow typer me is)

volvobrynk and lothiandon1940 like this.
  3. .....................................I assume you mean auction and I assume you mean E-Bay.

40fordtudor likes this.

4. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

5. YAY pictures !! Is that a chrome glove box door ? Looks like it used to be a nice one. Crazy good start. The Argyle Ford sold for 4900 or so. I'm liking the 40 auctions of late.

6. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Got an auction number for it?

40fordtudor and lothiandon1940 like this.
  7. ...................Looks like it for sure, and chrome ash trays as well. I'm liking that green metalflake wheel and hanging pedal conversion.

40fordtudor likes this.
  8. Looks like an extra dash, heater and ribbed trim ring on the ground beside the car. Guess that's included in the auction.:)

9. It ended. Dirty and sunbaked, but nothing like stacked and stored Texas driftwood. No engine/transmission, with garnish mouldings and gas tank in the trunk cavern. Someone's lost interest. More pictures but only these two copy. Go '40 Fords !
    [​IMG][​IMG]

10. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

looks to have been a good buy.

11. Squablow

Squablow

Looks to have been a good deal, but parked in the dirt like that, it's hard to say how good it is underneath, and project stuff sells cheap this time of year.

That car for sale the first week of April, pulled out onto a nice clean concrete area, rolling with tires inflated and washed up really good with better pictures, could have brought double what it sold for, if it's as solid as it appears to be. Bad timing and bad presentation make a huge difference on stuff like this.

12. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

You are correct, but at $2200 it would have had to look awfully rough in person to not have been a good deal.

13. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I would have jumped on it for that