Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1953 Ford headlight doors/rings

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by twenty gallons, Jul 2, 2015.

1. twenty gallons

twenty gallons

I am having some difficulties finding a pair of 1953 Ford Headlight doors, I want the kind that are steel, not cast and have the stainless ring inside, Used to be able to get these at Nite Prowlers or Butches Rod shop, But not any more. anyone have a decent or new set laying around, or maybe know where I can get a pair?

Thanks for any help

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

ad in Wanted section here?

3. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

4. I have decent pair of original 1952-53 Ford steel headlight rings with the original stainless inner liners available. I will sell them for $ 95.00, including shipping in the USA. if you are interested, and would like pictures, I need your e-mail address to send pictures. thanks, nick.

I

5. twenty gallons

twenty gallons

Jeffb2, .....I ordered a set of those from Butches Cool Stuff, they are about 3/4" too large. do not fit teh chevy fender at all, but I thank you for the consideration

Nick... I will attempt to send you a private message with my email address,
    Thanks

6. twenty gallons

twenty gallons

Bought a set of rings from Nick the bandit........ Hmmmmmm, nice name to be buying from... LOL

7. Jay, I've had that nickname for years. I also have a good reputation for fair dealing for almost 50 years. I was definitely not offended. when people mention " nick the bandit" they know it is me that they are referring to. thanks, nick.

Model T1 likes this.
  8. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

My nickname was "the Saint", given to me 60 years ago. Thing about nicknames:

Either he really is...or he really isn't. Me?

Oh, I was...:rolleyes:

Model T1 likes this.
  9. twenty gallons

twenty gallons

Nick,

I have a really strange sense of humor, sometimes I open my mouth before brain engages, Kinda like stompin' on the gas pedal and forgetting to put it in gear.
    anyway it was just a play on words in my noggin. seemed funny at the time.
    Thanks for the headlight rings and HAVE A GOOD 4th of July

why is everything that is cool on the east side of this country...? Look at stuff for sale on eBay, Craigslist, here, it's all back east.....

THAT's Gonna start a good one.

Model T1 likes this.
  10. Jay, most of the time when I sell something it gets sold to someone on the west coast. and thanks we had good 4th of July. nick.

11. Model T1

Model T1

Not me, I'm serious all the time!o_O:rolleyes::confused:
    But a few times I've typed words before my brain goes in gear!;)

12. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Nick and Jay...
    I think the stuff in the East coming West went East from West on the last go-around!

A bud of mine that was WAY into swap meets in the '60s & '70s was at the Ford Plant swap with me in Milpitas (CA.)
    He picked up some Model A items that were well used, and made a statement: "All this stuff at the swaps has been on cars several times, probably sold 3, 4, 5 times..."
    I doubted his 'theory', and started to 'laugh it off'...then he turned this fender bracket over, and it had a number stamped into it. "Check it out," Rick said. "This was off my Roadster Pickup!" He pulled out his wallet, and showed me his driver's license.
    There was the number, same-same! (without the prefix letters, but the numbers were there...)
    Same morning, I ran into him again, on the other side of the meet. "Hey, Mike! Look at this!"
    Rick was holding onto a front cross member, early '28 type, with the raised beads...Underneath, on the right side, were the now familiar numbers!

I wish some of those cars would stay put together. (then again, maybe not...My best finds were disassembled ex hot rods, considerably cheaper than if they were still up and running!)

13. twenty gallons

twenty gallons

Thanks Nick, The Rings got here yesterday, are exactly what you said they were. appreciate the parts.

Jason

14. fms427

fms427

Yep- just saw a pair of Butches headlamp frenching rings at Columbus- looks good- go for it !!