Register now to get rid of these ads!

History What was on my Coupe's door in the 30's/40's?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Torana68, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Torana68

Torana68
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Australia

Guys,
    Had my A coupes door chemically striped, I was outside in the sun working on it when I saw 4 Stars under the belt line. On closer inspection I found the name "The Generals" under the stars. Under that is "BOOR1"(the R in this looks back to front so may not be an R) under that it gets a bit worse but I can see either "ALT" or " AL7" or? under that its even harder. This can be seen due to it being painted over the original paint and protecting the metal under better than the original paint did, eventually the door became lightly rust pitted but under the lettering was not so. Body was imported down here already chopped but I have no other history (bit of original paint found inside the door was a light bluiegreen white?)

[​IMG]

2. Torana68

Torana68
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Australia

3. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

Let's try enhancing. I see another word at the bottom; looks like "Girls"?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    A wild guess: The lettering looks so amateurish I'm thinking it was done by college kids dressing it up for a homecoming parade and their team was called "The Generals". So the second word could be the remains of "Booster"? It would make sense, at least.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. Torana68

Torana68
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Australia

ill probably try and trace some more but any suggestions are good :)

5. I can't help you, but I just marveling at what good shape that door is in.

6. Torana68

Torana68
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Australia

yep the whole body is pretty good, don't think its ever been neglected too much.