Register now to get rid of these ads!

H.A.M.B. Member issue

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by seabeecmc, May 22, 2015.

1. seabeecmc

seabeecmc
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

In March I was telephoned by Clarence Lozano known as JASON L here. He asked if I would ship an item I had for sale on HAMB (local pick up only) After a pleasant conversation I felt this fellow car guy was OK. I disassembled the item and shipped all that would fit in a large flat rate box. I boxed up the remainder and got a price quote. I advised Clarence the total and he told me that a check was sent April 1. It never arrived. He then said he'd send it April 15. Never arrived. I telephoned, he must have caller ID as he never picks up when I call. messages were left.
    We are off to the L.A. Roadster Show next month and will stop in Coralville IA for a visit with HAMB member JASON L. I'll advise the board of the outcome in the meantime I suggest avoiding any dealings with this man. Regards, Ron Hofaker

2. And this is why you never ship anything until the money is in your hands.
    The Wizzard

3. Ron,I'm sorry to hear you got burnt by a fellow member that never post on the main board and only trolls the classifieds.

That is a red flag to me,I hope he sees this thread and makes restitution.

BTW,did you report this to Ryan,he may not be able to help but he can stop this guy from do this in the future by Banning him from the Hamb. HRP

Last edited: May 22, 2015
    40fordtudor and lothiandon1940 like this.
  4. shadams

shadams

Sighhhh.....I cant imagine having the balls to do something like that. Just flat not not giving a shit...what a dick....

lothiandon1940 likes this.

5. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry to hear--I have sent stuff that way to guys on here as well-never had an issue yet.

40fordtudor and lothiandon1940 like this.
  6. bummer getting burned! bet the address is fake!

7. engine138

engine138
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Commack NY

JASON L
    Member, from IOWA

JASON L was last seen:

Today at 6:27 AM

He's been on today hope you get this straightened out

8. seabeecmc

seabeecmc
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

DUDE, Wish the address was fake. Package would have been returned as undeliverable. Ron

9. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I'm on it........

10. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

Is there a way to make things a pain in the ass for the guys who only troll the classifieds like that? Like if you log on so many times without visiting the main board you get and email you have to confirm or something?

I know it sounds ridiculous, but most of the bad seller situations I've ever heard of involved a guy that only ever used the classifieds

11. roundvalley

roundvalley

Go to his trading profile also! It is a good tool if we all use it.

prewarcars4me likes this.
  12. seabeecmc

seabeecmc
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Off to the L.A. Roadster show on Friday. Taking our time driving out, so not sure when we'll be in Coralville, IA. It's become apparent that the HAMB was unable to apply enough pressure to cause Clarence to man up. Will advise outcome. Regards, Ron Hofaker

13. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Sorry guys... I've been moving. I'm on the case now.

14. seabeecmc

seabeecmc
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Time for the update. Drove to the L.A. Roadster Show. Set the GPS for Clarence's address in Iowa. It directed us to his trailer park home. My heart sank. I looked at his dwelling and thought, as a good Christian would I flog a hungry child for stealing a piece of bread? Clarence it appears you need what you stole more than I. Please accept as a gift with my forgiveness. Ron Hofaker

15. e1956v

e1956v
    Alliance Vendor

The gesture and the forgiveness will come back to you, even though it may not be in an obvious way that you will recognize. Atta boy.

16. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Huge.

But... We can't let a guy steel on the HAMB man.

lothiandon1940 and Max Gearhead like this.
  17. Ulu

Ulu
    from CenCal

Man this is a tough situation. I might have a chat with the guy's neighbors before making a judgement. Maybe he's just a poor breadwinner, and had a difficult life and maybe he's a just flagrant drunken deadbeat.

In the first case I'd be inclined to charity too, but in the second I'd be inclined to "adjust" the situation, regardless of his economic circumstances. I'd still give him the chance to cough up what he owes before taking things more seriously in hand.

18. I'm guilty - I look at ads more than the other threads . I also reluctantly admit I qualify as poor - life happens . If not an experienced capable mechanic [with a bad back preventing that as a profession] I'd be living in some cramped city apartment with only a bus pass for transportation . If interested in something I may haggle the price - then , if I want it enough , I PAY FOR IT ! Dishonest is dishonest whether poor , rich or in-between .

falcongeorge and lothiandon1940 like this.
  19. junk4cash

junk4cash

Just to let everyone know, this guy is back to his old tricks. He called me a few weeks ago and said he wanted to buy the 59-60 Impala steering wheel he saw for sale. I had it listed on several sites so not sure where he found it but said his name was Clarence Lozano and is from central Iowa and assured me he would be sending a check. He asked me to mark it sold. I did so since he was a car guy obviously and honestly seemed interested. Well its been weeks now and he's made several excuses, still no payment. He told me he'd send it on the 30th of Nov. I asked a week later if it was on the way and he said yes. Still nothing. He won't answer his phone or contact me. I didn't mail it, but told a few other potential buyers that it was spoken for. I'll go back and see if they can still use it. Just wanted to let everyone know this guy is a bullshit artist and I don't care how poor he is, maybe get your life together and stop worrying about car parts. Get your priorities straight.

20. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Just move on and sell it to the next guy with money.

21. junk4cash

junk4cash

That's an obvious point. I'm just making sure people are aware he's still trying to get parts.

Sent from my SM-G930V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

seabeecmc and wraymen like this.