Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage RWYB-Reynolds, GA Dec. 5, 2015

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirty old man, May 11, 2015.

1. Bobby most of the time it will resize them, if they ain't too big. 600 x 800 pixels is normally optimum for it to fit on the screen.

Crusty Chevy it looks to be coming together nicely :cool:

2. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Glad Scot can help you on this Bobby, cause the more they change on HAMB and then the changes for me going from XP to W7, which is now inop for me and I'm on Google Chrome till my PC guru can fix it, I can't even do stuff for me, much less help anybody else, LOL!!!!! :)

3. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Not trying to add even more places to get lost on the interwebs - but - if you post to Instagram with #hamb I think you can then put that pic on here from your phone or PC. That's what Tim said. :D

5. captmullette

captmullette

thanks dogpatch and scot ill give it a try

6. Anytime Bobby :cool:

Also you can upload the pics to an online album such as https://picasaweb.google.com/home or similar and

then copy the URL (web address in the address bar) of the photo or right click on the image and select "copy image location"

then click [​IMG]

then paste the URL in the URL box that appears and voila :cool:

7. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Scot, will that work for me using photobucket as the hosting url?

8. Yes sir, but you need the URL for the picture you wish to post. In other words go to photobucket and click on the picture then copy that URL.

9. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

D O M.........That's what I use...........Click on the pic, when it's enlarged, click on the bottom box to the right, and watch it, it will say "copied", very quickly!
    Go to where you want the pic, and "paste", then BAM!, you're there!

GAOldsman likes this.
  10. Again folks this is a show and go. Hopefully more go than show but we welcome all and enjoy the show as much as we do the go :cool:

11. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Oops, I been a slacker! bump for the holidays, happy Fourth of July, all!

12. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Survived the 4th, had a good holiday, so here I am, bumping back to the top!

GAOldsman likes this.
  13. Back from the coast and celebratin' our freedom, what is left of it and thanking those that fought for our freedom. Anywho, $25 to run your car and socialize with some famous folk is a damn good deal ;)

14. [​IMG]

Days till RWYB #10 K:cool::cool:L

15. captmullette

captmullette

glad everybody made it through the fourth, it was wild down here, went to bowling green last month without my car, still waiting on parts to build the motor, even though I paid to race at bg but didn't have my car they would not give me a pass for my pit bike, said my car had to pass tech before I could get a sticker, also if your car doesn't pass tech you have to take it out of the pits, aannnnd...if they catch you riding your pit bike etc. without a sticker its a $1500 fine and impoundment of the vehicle and ejection of the offender....LOVE that NHRA im a FAN VERY UNDERSTANDING OF A VET WITH 2 BAD KNEES AND A BAD ANKLE AND 65 YRS OLD

16. woodhawg

woodhawg
    1. S.F.C.C.

I damned near got run over by about a dozen kids on pit bikes at that event. Looks like they gave passes to everyone! Can't believe they did not let you ride around?

17. captmullette

captmullette

I need to clarify one thing.....this event is put on by the NHRA MUSEUM in cali.also they rented the track and unlike years before they didn't use local law enforcement for security, traffic etc and hired private security and pissed off the local law.....before if you towed your racecar with your motor home you only paid the $100 racer fee, next year ita an extra $65 for motor homes its all about the almighty dollar........the beech bend people on the other hand are good folks oh well, some good racing

18. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

As far as I'm concerned, if that is a sample of what is gonna be the status quo for NHRA events, they can go piss up a rope!

GAOldsman likes this.
  19. Well said Dave. Bobby it is sad that it has come to this. Especially when the HRR at BG is as big as it is.

20. captmullette

captmullette

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ thank the lord for ed and Dorothy swearingen...

GAOldsman likes this.
  21. [​IMG] Days till go time....

Hopefully Bobby T can persuade one Mr. Jody Blalock into bringing his Hudson this go round??? :cool:

22. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I agree completely Bobby, and I hope and pray that the guy buying the track is as nice to us as they've always been.I'm gonna ask around and see what the locals who run regularly @ SDR think of the new track surface.

23. captmullette

captmullette

I agree DOM, normally when a business changes hand the new owners take a good working business and change it....some times for the bad...hope not ,if it aint broke...don't fix it...yes scot im gonna try and get jody down for RWYB

GAOldsman likes this.
  24. Sounds good Bobby :cool:

[​IMG]

25. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Old #118 there is a prime oppurtunity to do a little detective work to date the pic.
    I see what appears to be a Y block engine, could be a '52 or later Lincoln or a 54 or later Ford/Merc. There's just enough of the RF wheel/tire visible to see it is a steel wide 5 with a treaded tire.
    Has bobbed fenders with running boards still present, and it's lettered "modified". I'm gonna guess mid '50s.
    But it's still great in that it shows the days till RWYB#10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
    GAOldsman likes this.
  26. Pic is dated '58 Dave :D Good eyes though from a very knowledgeable fellow :cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

27. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Damn, Scot I never noticed that 1958 date even though it was right above that wide 5 rim! Actually I'm sorta surprised that it is as late as '58 for 2 reasons, at least around GA.
    The car is signed up as a modified, and a Ford coupe with a Y block Ford engine would have been a Sportsman class car most places by 1958. '53 and earlier with a Y block Lincoln would have been considered a modified up until Ford used an ohv V8 in a Ford car.
    Also, that car has a bobbed set of fenders and the running boards are still there too. By '58 the cars around here had thrown away the fenders and running boards and were fabbing side nerf bars and bumpers..

GAOldsman likes this.
  28. [​IMG] Days till go time :cool: Until then check this out from '53