Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 32 3-W Survivor "Tuffy" part 2

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by kisam, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Arthur

Arthur
    from NC

That should be easy enough to verify. Just ask him. Don Gartlits may be the friendliest guy in racing. I've talked with him a couple of times about stuff like "Ohio George" Montgomery's 33 Willys coupe,and I am a total nobody.

BTW,Gartlits has the 33 Ford 3 window coupe with the blown Caddy that Montgomery used as his street car in his museum.

2. kisam

kisam

I would like to think I've been on a Sabbatical for the last 2 yrs....but I've actually been getting my home and life in order....kind of the same thing! Tuffy was an amazing journey that I will always treasure! I am hoping to make it back to the shop by fall.

3. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

kisam, I am looking forward to the next chapter in Tuffy's life. :cool::):D

kisam likes this.
  4. Welcome back to the madhouse Kathy,,,Ryan has made a few changes here in the last 2 years..

kidcampbell71 and kisam like this.
  5. Not sure how I missed this thread, but anyways - Great Story, Great Car - Just Great !, Thanks for sharing Kathy !

kidcampbell71 and kisam like this.
  6. Austinrod

Austinrod
    from Austin

Here's a movie of a 32 3w called deuce coupe (1992) that you might like reminds me of yours
    It's in English but Swedish subtitles I think

kisam likes this.
  7. racer_dave

racer_dave

just read both threads- what a tremendous story. You have accomplished so much. thank you for sharing the journey with us.

kisam likes this.
  8. AHotRod

AHotRod

How's the Coupe doing ?

Stogy and kidcampbell71 like this.
  9. AHotRod

AHotRod

Kathy,
    When you get a chance, stop in and say Hi here on your thread and maybe share a new picture of Tuffy with us when you can.
    Glenn

10. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just reposting a new link to this movie...I will find time-frames later to where the coupe appears and I think it's in English with foreign subtitles but if there's a cool Hotrod in it its worthfinding...;)

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  11. Nailhead A-V8

Nailhead A-V8

Ha ha I almost gave up when I saw the body up on the frame lol! thanks for "correcting" that...Amazing car!

12. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

I talk with Kathy every month or so. She has been focused on getting ready for retirement, and getting her self in order....I keep pushing her to get back to her first love of cars..

Stogy, cactus1, kidcampbell71 and 2 others like this.
  13. missysdad1

missysdad1

The resurrection of Tuffy was an amazing saga, Kathy. I hope you'll get back into the shop and on the road with him again soon. Roundup is coming. Hope to see you there!

14. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
  15. missysdad1

missysdad1

Kathy is just fine but working on other issues at the moment. She'll be back...and so will Tuffy!

panhead_pete, Tim, mad mikey and 11 others like this.
  16. AHotRod

AHotRod

MissysDad1 .... Thank you for the update on Kathy, I hope all is ok for her. Let her know that us "old" Hambr's are still here and thinking of her.
    Glenn

17. Count me in the group that is amazed at your find and the rebirth! Also, add my voice to the chorus that cheers you and hopes you can continue with the project! (If I can whine and complain about something, it's that so many pictures are no longer shown - friggin PhotoBucket...)

This incredibly insightful quote from Kay says it all: "...the pictures were how it was at one point in time." Change is constant.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
    Stogy, loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  18. AHotRod

AHotRod

Just checking in ....

Stogy likes this.
  19. don colaps

don colaps

IMG_3390.jpeg 8B6DE21C-F32E-4905-855E-2B98D59D9B93.jpeg I tried to clone it… in 1/25 scale

Last edited: Dec 4, 2023