Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Flathead s10 t5 question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by billmac36, May 27, 2015.

1. billmac36

billmac36

the Speedway adaptor for using a t5 behind a flathead has no provision for mounting the throw out bearing return spring like the tab that is cast into the stock transmission. As the adaptor is aluminum, I hesitate to experiment. Surely someone has come up with an ingenious way to mount the spring. Please let me know your thoughts.
    Billmac36

hotrod316 likes this.
  2. F&J

F&J

Never did that job, but I've seen springs in various locations on older factory built cars that use a heavy duty cotter pin in a hole. Bent-over tabs on the back, and spring fits in the loop.

would that work

3. billmac36

billmac36

That's a good idea. Might try that. Thanks.
    Bill

4. saw someone use a eyelet bolt threaded in.

5. NMCarNut

NMCarNut
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I had a little time to kill with the Bridgeport so I made a bracket . . .
    T5 Bracket.jpg

Jet96, Hotrodmyk and 55styleliner like this.
  6. billmac36

billmac36

That's a beautiful job! It is just what I need. I'll take this picture to a shop and see if they can make one. Thanks for your response.

7. I made something very similar to the great Bridgeport bracket except I used two pieces of sheet metal sandwiched together to form one piece as the stationary bracket for the spring.The basic bracket does NOT have to be ultra stout as the spring needed to return the throwout bearing is a relatively weak spring in itself.