Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Ford rear end to chevy drive shaft-HELP

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Doc Kurt, May 24, 2015.

1. Doc Kurt

Doc Kurt

Can anyone give me the part number of the adaptor? to add to a '91 Lincoln 8.8" w/ the flat plate on the input to get a GM u-joint/drive shaft attached?? Probably done hundreds of times by others, but first time for me. Thanks.

2. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

There are several ways to do it. Probably the easiest is to put the Lincoln end on the GM shaft because you might need a different length anyway.

3. aaggie

aaggie

When I had a shaft made for a Chevy powered Mustang I had the shop use the u-joint and flange from a Ford shaft then bolted the flange to the pinion flange. There are two sets of holes on the 8.8 pinion flange so you can use either of the Ford joints, one is larger than the other. Hint, buy four new bolts from Ford parts department because they are special.

4. squirrel

squirrel

or buy a normal U joint type yoke for the rearend

5. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

Squirrel said - Normal
    Ha ha
    Godspeed
    MrC.

6. blue 49

blue 49
    from Iowa

You know if any 8.8" Ford cars have a "normal" yoke? I know the aftermarket has them, but for lottsa $$$.

Gary

7. olds vroom

olds vroom

Just have a local machine shop or drive shaft shop cut uff the Chevy end and weld the ford end on and have them balance it. If you need it shortened anyway it's a no brainer

8. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

I believe there is a bolt on flange with a yoke provision for this purpose. I have seen a reference to it some time ago, but do not recall the specific information. Check with a driveline shop. Inland Empire Driveline in California would be a good prospect to get what you need. Extremely knowledgeable and nice people.

Ray

9. squirrel

squirrel

10. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

^^^^^that will work....but not what I had in mind. Google "Spicer Drivetrain Products, Flange Yoke, PN 2-2-1379. Summit and JEGs carry these items.

Sorry, but my (lack of) computer skills does not allow me to post a link :oops:

Ray

11. squirrel

squirrel

12. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Gee....Thanks, Jim ! :D

Ray

13. squirrel

squirrel

It's pretty easy to do that...just get the web page showing what it is you want, then find the "address bar" at the top, copy the funky line (aka the URL), and then paste it into your post.

btw I learned something about Fords from this thread.

14. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

:oops: Oh......that's easy.......Thanks!

Ray

15. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Denny's sell the flange yokes (Small & large) as well as pinion flange to suit 1310, 1330 & 1350 universals. As stated Inland Empire have them as well ti suit 13 & 1350 universals. OEM flange has dual bolt patterns so a flange yoke could presumably be a bolt up to match GM universal.

16. squirrel

squirrel

"Ford" and "GM" universal is kind of meaningless. If you use a 1310 spicer series U joint, it's both "ford" and "gm".

Hnstray likes this.