Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1928 Model A Barn Find

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by safari-wagon, May 15, 2015.

1. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

City: Detroit

State: Michigan
    Price: $5700 obo
    Deal Pending

Lots of projects & a lack of storage space forces me to sell one of my best barn finds ever!

This sedan was last registered in 1955 & the lisc plate matches the 1955 registration paperwork & title that was with the car!

This car was in the same family from new until I bought is last fall. Around 1960-61, the kids wanted to repaint Grandpa's car for him, so the whole gang took wire brushes & wire wheels to the every inch of the body. Unfortunately, they kids lost interest along the way, so the task was never completed.

The good side of this tale is that the patina on this car is AMAZING & it attracts so much attention, that it will blow your mind.

Everything dates to 1955 in this interior, from the rare red steering wheel to the vintage seat covers (with Railroad Bean burlap), even the roof moldings that were removed for paint. The only thing missing is the window crank.

The roof had a piece of Masonite screwed over the roof opening, which protected everything, as it sat in the barn for decades.

The body & doors are so nice, it plain boggles the mind! The only rust that I can find is in the running boards, with some perforations in the LF & RR fenders near the running boards. There is no spare tire.

The cap & wires are missing, so you can see that the engine turns over, but the dizzy doesn't. Did you notice the red wolf-whistle horn on the engine?

We haven't had time to get this old girl running yet, but as folks know, that isn't too difficult.

This is your opportunity to own a real time capsule before I change my mind.

$5700 or best

Larry
    248-925-8314
    Call, text or email.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  2. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

3. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

OBO bump before fleabay.