Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tagging?

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Robert J. Palmer, May 22, 2015.

1. I have been tagged a few times, how is this done?

2. Do you mean you've had someone "Like" one of your posts?

3. no, this is what I am wounding about,
    I ordered the R&C mag that @Robert J. Palmer

4. Trial and error works again!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  5. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

6. seabeecmc

seabeecmc
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Happy to hear that the wounding wasn't to painful. Ron

7. atch

atch

@atch

testing, testing, testing

8. atch

atch

I know that I'm computer-dot-dumb, but would someone please enlighten me about how to tag someone? I've been on here for a LONG time and just today wanted to tag someone for the very first time but don't know how to do it.

Maybe I succeeded with the tag in the previous post, but isn't it supposed to send me an email or put the thread in my unread watched post list or something?

Thor1 likes this.
  9. I believe the tag-e just gets an alert, the little lightening bolt. If he has his alerts set up to get an email he will get one of those also.

10. atch

atch

Well, I've looked at email and my "lightning bolt" alerts icon and don't see that my try in post #8 above did anything. So I'm still at a loss.

wraymen, would you tag me in this thread so I can see (maybe) what I'm supposed to get alerting me to the tag?

Thanx.

And in my post above I just put the @ symbol ahead of my name. Is that how you tag someone?

11. yes
    @atch

You should get an alert telling you some one mentioned you in this post.
    Sorry for the delay I was making dinner.:)

12. atch

atch

Thanx. Yes; I did get the "someone mentioned you..." alert. Did you just add the @ symbol before my name?

EDIT: ooops. I guess the "yes" in your post was answering my question about adding the @ in front of my name. Like this: @atch.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2021
  13. atch

atch

Shouldn't I have gotten a "someone mentioned you..." alert when I tagged myself above (I didn't)? That is if I did it correctly.

14. I’m guessing that “Alexa” thinks that you should already know that you mentioned yourself.;)
    I’m an analog guy.:)

15. atch

atch

Oh, well. It is what it is. I'm using a steam powered desktop that has never heard of Alexa.

Thanx for the help.

lothiandon1940 and wraymen like this.
  16. Just a test to see if you @atch get an alert.

17. atch

atch

Thank you Don. I did get an alert. I also changed my alert preferences so that I only get an alert when something "important" happens. Like getting tagged by someone. When every option was sending an alert I pretty much ignored the lightning bolt. Now it will seldom be lit up and I'll be sure to look at it to see what set it off.

Thor1 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  18. 40pumike

40pumike