Register now to get rid of these ads!

Having trouble with phone app update

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by RICH B, May 6, 2015.

1. I updated my phone app yesterday and it does not operate correctly. The first screen seems to be correct (pictures one & two); but once I log in it seems to be missing stuff, no notifications, no conversations, etc(pictures three & four). I have access to the forums and that is it. I can reply to threads and I received one of those new "pop-up" notifications, so it appears that I am logged in.

I deleted the app and reinstalled it, with no change. I also cleared the cache in setting as Ryan suggested on another thread; but that was before I logged in as I could not access it after logging in.

It looks like there should be more to the "red" area on the top off the page and what is there "overlaps" the normal phone header.

iphone 4 version 7.0.4
    H.A.M.B. version 4.1.35
    Any ideas? :(
    one.JPG two.JPG three.JPG four.JPG

2. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Is iOS 7.0.4 the latest for iPhone 4? It might be you are out of luck with that old of a phone. It looks to me like it's trying to crunch the larger screen in there.

3. I have NO idea how the operating systems work on a smart phone, but might there be some way to change the screen resolution like you can on a laptop or desktop? o_O

4. Funny, after a couple of days of being weird, the top of the display re-appeared and it now works.
    P5090001.JPG P5090003.JPG