Register now to get rid of these ads!

Joplin Holiday Inn already booked up?

Discussion in 'H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals' started by Model A John, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

Last night I got on the Joplin Holiday Inn website to make a reservation for August 21st and 22nd, 2015, for the upcoming Hamb Drags. I wasn't able to make a reservation for the 21st, because it's completely booked up for that date! What's going on here? Could there be a convention of another sort that weekend? What does this mean for the Hamb Drags Friday night get-together? Comments, please.

2. raven

raven

Try calling the hotel directly and asking to book those dates under the HAMB drags special.
    r

3. Same thing happened to me when I tried to book the Residence Inn online. I called them and booked the room no problem once I actually convinced of the date the drags were happening

4. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

Okay, looks like I was wrong. I just managed to book a room. They don't have many left, though.

5. I had to get a room next door. I called and was told the Holiday inn is booked up.

6. POZI

POZI
    from Cabot AR

Called Holiday Inn ,they are renovating some of the motel areas , hence the room shortage. Wife called the Drury Inn and found a room

7. I got a room next door at the Residence Inn. It's a little more money, but it's nicer. The Holiday Inn was getting run down. Glad to see they are renovating it. My room last year had toe nails on the floor between the beds.

8. Crab

Crab
    from Tulsa, OK

I waited too long and called last night and they told me they are no longer a "Holiday Inn" and they are the Joplin Hotel. As of last night the guy told me they were overbooked by 21!
    I had to get a different hotel, but they are available.
    Good Luck and see everyone Friday night.
    CRAB

9. inkstain27

inkstain27

Just called myself to make sure my reservation was still good. They still have me down, but it is no loner holiday inn like you said Crab. 3 more weeks

10. 35Hemi

35Hemi
    from Kansas

Just wanted to let those who might be interested know that I had to turn in one of my two booked rooms today. It is a two-bed room. The "Holiday Inn" number is 417-782-1000. I hope someone can still use it. Would hate to see it go to waste.

The reason for turning in the room is like a "The dog ate my homework" story. Almost unbelievable. My brother, "the pit crew" is recovering from Rocky Mountain Spotted fever. Got bit by an infected tick 7 weeks ago and just made it back to work part-time on Monday. Nasty disease. 4 weeks in the hospital. My brother-in-law aka the "tow truck driver"' is in the hospital recovering from having his gall bladder out. Go figure.

Don't worry. Neither rain, nor snow, nor . . . wait that is something else. No tick bite, gall bladder attack is going to keep me from the HAMB drags! I am coming by myself this year. See you next week!

KCsledz and Kevs56 like this.
  11. Dragracer65

Dragracer65
    from Moore, Ok

I just booked 2 nights at the Candlewood and they have more rooms.

12. littlebitoffeisty

littlebitoffeisty

I just called the hotel's direct number (417.782.1000) and spoke with Kenneth at the front desk. Yes, they changed names, and yes, they are sold out, but he is very excited about everyone coming for the festivities and there shouldn't be any problems with your bookings! Here's hoping!

And really, can Friday get here any faster!?!?!?