Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical shocks air suspension

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by banditomerc, May 5, 2015.

1. banditomerc

banditomerc

What are the best shocks to use ,i have 8" of up and down movement.whats the best shock for this setup.

2. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

A shock with a bit more than 8" of stroke. Use straps and bumpers to limit your travel.

3. LMFAO this is priceless. ^^^^ You have just risen to the top of my list.

By the way old seatbelts make good limiter straps. That is what I used on my old mud truck when I was still in Mexico and off roading more then on roading. ;)

4. banditomerc

banditomerc

Maybe a part # ????

5. We both knew that is what you are after.

These guys here used to sell shocks by travel and closed and extended length doetsch tech I think. they were big on the whole slammer thing at one point. looks like they are big into off roading now but it wouldn't hurt to contact them and see what they have to offer.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...MIM-HyZ9Pb7vi3MeCBK_xfg&bvm=bv.92291466,d.aWw

6. banditomerc

banditomerc

Good info.thanks

7. dante81_98

dante81_98
    1. A-D Truckers

Its virtually impossible to give a part number for you with the information you provided. It all depends on upper and lower mount types and location and measurements between those locations. You can go onto most shock manufactures websites and download an application guide. They should have listings for stock replacements and then a specs section that has measurements and end types for custom applications. Just need to take your measurements and figure out which ones you need based on those tables.

gimpyshotrods likes this.
  8. Rynos63

Rynos63