Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Recreating the jesse lopez coupe

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by jivin jer, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Spanky65

Spanky65

It was nice meeting you Jerry! Thanks for bringing the cars out, the Jesse Lopez clone truly is amazing!

2. Spanky65

Spanky65

3. Nice shots Spanky. Great to see the Lopez coupe shined up out in the sun.
    Both these cars are just stunning! Jer you are truly a legend.

4. Ratatouille

Ratatouille
    from France

Champagne!
    [​IMG]

Peanut 1959 likes this.
  5. Torchie

Torchie

Nothing beats seeing these two out in the wild. :)
    I know that you aren't finished yet Jer but Congratulations any way.
    Torchie

6. Congrats ! just a few minor details to wrap up.... my hats off to you on both cars ! Thank you Jer for sharing both builds on these Kustoms here on JJ...

7. 296ardun

296ardun

I can't say it better than Germ...this was also one of my favorite customs growing up in Southern California, just had pictures...incredible job of bringing it back...been following this thread for a long time, glad to see it in its final form, but also good to see the build progression, true craftsmanship!

Atwater Mike likes this.
  8. banditomerc

banditomerc

congratulations Jerry seems like only yesterday you started that car. came out great as a tribute to the old Lopez car

9. jivin jer

jivin jer

Wow, thanks everybody. Just got back, load, unload both cars, yep. I went in and shook Gramma's hand and congratulated her on her choice for a husband all those years ago after reading all this. It remains to be seen what I'll get out of it. I'll keep you posted.

There is a video of the car driving over to it's parking space. It is now running on 7 cyl's because of the plugs being fouled by just being started and turned off. I will get a video of it in the neighborhood after I get it cleaned out. It does look like it's ready for that 150 pound spare tire.

I got the Pastor's pick trophy. Pretty impressive, I have it out in the truck and will show you tomorrow.
    Thanks again.

Last edited: May 2, 2015
    loudbang and RICH B like this.
  10. Ahh, done and out in it's natural habitat! Enjoy that (those) suckers Jer. Let me add my congrats on yet another fine tribute build! It looks super - just like we all knew it would.

-Dave

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
  11. greybeard360

greybeard360

Cars looked great sitting there.... Spanky.... what did you drive? I was out there with a black 40 Chevy. I wish I had gotten a chance to meet you !

12. J.B.

J.B.
    from Sweden

The car turned out great. Congrats!

13. Spanky65

Spanky65

I drove my beat up daily '65 c10, I parked off to the side, nothing to show haha

14. Spanky65

Spanky65

I have a video of the car driving to the parking spot, but it's not letting me post it.

15. Wow both cars look incredible Jer! Terrific work. May I suggest the Bettancourt Merc as your next tribute:D.

16. jivin jer

jivin jer

003.JPG 003.JPG 008.JPG OK, here's me, the trophy, and the main focus of all this. I did some diggin' around and found a great set of pics of yesterday on the Kustomrama site. This includes a video that has the car running on all cylinders, or you could type tburke65 in your header bar and see the photog's web page. Great stuff.

Last edited: May 8, 2015
  17. jivin jer

jivin jer

11208225_375918832596119_314775163_n[1].jpg 11208225_375918832596119_314775163_n[1].jpg Of all the pics that represent Trey's work yesterday, this is the set that I appreciate most. He came with a purpose and put these two together perfectly. Thanks Trey, your a talented guy.

Last edited: May 8, 2015
  18. Absolutely stunning work

19. Jer, is it okay if I use that beautiful colour shot as my computer wallpaper until mine is back on the road?

Geez, it looks great outside in the sunlight!

-Dave

20. jivin jer

jivin jer

Dave, for you,..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................absolutely.

21. Rikster

Rikster

Could not embed it, but I think the link below will work.

Sounds and looks amazing Jerry.
    [​IMG]

LINK TO MOVIE

daddio211, Tanoki, vwdave30 and 3 others like this.
  22. MUNDSTER

MUNDSTER

Looks great and sounds great! I always think they look better when they are moving!

23. greybeard360

greybeard360

That was me in the blue shirt... I need to lose weight !!!

24. banditomerc

banditomerc

Hey jerry,will thee car be at father's day show at Pomona,ca?

25. Spanky65

Spanky65

Thanks, but I'm far from a photographer. I took these with my phone, I just took a ton of photos so I could find one that would match up with an old photo.

26. Thanks for the link Rik, and for taking the vid Spanky! Just when I thought this thread couldn't get any better - AUDIO! Sounds Reet Jer!

-Dave

27. Spanky65

Spanky65

Here's one of the Junior Conway car Screenshot_2015-04-07-18-06-15-1.png

28. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

You know, that's something that really seems to be missing from today's customs - a hot engine. Most of those early customs were built by hot rodders that had a little extra money for some style. But everyone wanted to go fast, or at least sound like they could. That car sounds awesome!

I missed the show because I forgot about an important event that day - my sister's wedding. I hope to see both of these beautiful cars later this year. Got any dates set for them, Jerry?

29. OLLIN

OLLIN

Here's another one using a historical photo posted on kustomrama, and spanky's picture.

Man Jer. It's truly been a pleasure watching this come together. Your attention to detail is amazing, but I'll miss all the updates, It's sort of like when breaking bad or the sopranos ended... now to watch you rack up the trophies/articles I guess!

Attached Files: