Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage What are YOU doing to get ready for the 2015 Meltdown Drags?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Okiedoker, Sep 30, 2014.

1. bigslim55

bigslim55

Here's a couple more pics with hood on 55', my brother Chris lent a hand getting it on... Have to make small adjustment on latch, but started to sprinkle & rolled in garage for now...
    Jimbo... ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1429902849.558860.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1429902893.522681.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1429902917.185885.jpg

2. bigslim55

bigslim55

LOL...! Just finished installing speedo cluster, was a little tight getting up under dash to tighten nuts. Then shimmying my fat ass out from under there! Whew glad that's over! Bolted steering wheel & RPM gauge back on. All the dash lights work now! That's a relief! Also finished adjusting hood, couple small adjustments, she slams shut now! Starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel...!
    Jimbo...

strokedstang331 likes this.
  3. e1956v

e1956v
    Alliance Vendor

Glad to hear you got it back together, let me know how it works, any troubles let me know.

4. bigslim55

bigslim55

Thanks Rusty...! I'll let you know! I gotta give the suspension a once over from front to back... I think I've touched every nut & bolt under there this past winter, just want to make sure nothing's loose before I take it for a spin... It will be sweet not have the squealing noise & speedometer needle bounce while I'm driving...!
    Jimbo...

5. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

There were a few chevys that ran a lot faster after The Grumps car was stolen in St Louis.
    I had heard that some head service payed a big sum of money just to look at the heads that came off his car.

Tickety Boo likes this.
  6. I think the Grump was just smart enough to read the rule book that was already printed, knew that the lightest combo was best, since his Chevy II held its own against Stahls Hemi, so he built a small block Vega. Sox & Martin should have countered with a 340 Colt. Instead they cried foul for innovation & foresight

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
    Tickety Boo likes this.
  7. powrshftr

powrshftr

I kinda always wondered that too....those 340 Mopar heads were really good castings compared to any sbc stuff that was out there at the time.Why not make lemonade and kick some ass with the 340?

8. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

So, how are people doing getting their cars ready? Big Jim is making great progress... Anybody else?

I heard AJ is gonna wait until the midnight hour to get the rail ready again...

30dodgeboy likes this.
  9. I painted the inside of the driver side rear wheel well semi flat black, an hour ago!

55belairx2 likes this.
  10. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

Paul has had the Hairy Hauler out for some test and tune... I thought I heard him say that he is looking for some Yesterday's News in July

INLAW MODEL A and 55belairx2 like this.
  11. powrshftr

powrshftr

I'm stalled out for a couple days....My Sunday night off suddenly turned into a Sunday night at work,so I'm falling even farther behind.Hoping when the job wraps up I will have 2 or 3 days to hit the car hard and take a few items off the "to do" list.
    Once the crappy repair-y type jobs are done,then I can get back into the fun,making power-y type jobs:)

Scott

12. He better find some new pulleys!

30dodgeboy and 55belairx2 like this.
  13. Yesterday says she gonna give that that truck the Willys, and she ain't afraid of no "Weary Crawler".

55belairx2 likes this.
  14. 91whitestang

91whitestang
    from Wisconsin

So your coupe will be making this trip this year?

15. 55belairx2

55belairx2
    from California

Did I hear that right, Ric??? Did he say "Barely Crawlin'" wants a piece of "The Child"???

16. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

Paul said he is gonna make Destiny's Child sing a sad lonely song

17. 55belairx2

55belairx2
    from California

She's gonna be sad and lonely cuz she's gonna feel bad after she throws a wicked gate job on the Hair-lipped Daughter and keeps drivin' away from her even though she has an iron lung breathing apparatus and that's gonna make it real lonely on the big end...

powrshftr and loudbang like this.
  18. powrshftr

powrshftr

Whoa......who knew MARC was actually the one with the angry voices in his head...?;) lol

30dodgeboy and 55belairx2 like this.
  19. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Well my car is still on the trailer and hope I can get someone over here with a truck someday so I can get it unloaded and get to work.
    On a different note I did sell my tractor and have a big wad of cash but with this I will be building a garage so I can retire my shanty garage and hopefully build something that the big bad wolf can't blow down.

Tickety Boo and powrshftr like this.
  20. 55belairx2

55belairx2
    from California

Damn! Ric hacked my account again! ...or is this still Ric??? ...or was it ever Ric??? ...or did he just pull his Jedi mind trick on me???

powrshftr likes this.
  21. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1430074850.460908.jpg

hey Scott...Jeff bought some new valves from Norb...I think he's scared.

22. powrshftr

powrshftr

Kip,that made me laugh so hard I couldn't breathe!
    Maybe I need some of those valves...?lol

23. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

24. Well Marc, guess we gotta get "Later Mater" lettered on the deck, as long as we're giving the "Fairy Hauler" and Peter Pan Paul a flying lesson.

55belairx2 likes this.
  25. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1430089727.960053.jpg

Norb picked this up at the Jefferson swap meet for me. Needs some glass repair, but for $100 ya can't complain.

26. Oh dear, this is gett'n a little real.., you should put that blown injected 392 Hemi & 5 speed you been holding onto in that thing. You and X lax could be BFF'S. ;)

27. bigslim55

bigslim55

Nice pick Norb...! Great hundred dollar find!

By the way 81 days till Meltdown...! I've been wondering with 550 cars registered for the Meltdown how many are getting built, rebuilt or are done?
    Jimbo...

Tickety Boo likes this.
  28. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

It's rough, but it was cheap, and obviously has some history...even if it wasn't famous...it's cool.

powrshftr and beebee78 like this.
  29. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

image.jpg image.jpg Just want to take a moment to recognize the Ford and Chevy national 427 day ;) Happy 4/27/15 !!!