Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods AmeriCarna...Ardun Heads...Velocity Channel tonight

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 3wLarry, Apr 14, 2015.

1. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

Hot Rodders Holy Grail
    http://www.velocity.com/tv-shows/tv-schedule/

While visiting the estate of automotive genius and land speed record holder Willie Glass, Ray discovers a lost set of the extremely rare Ardun Heads a hot rodders dream discovery.

1pm this Saturday 4/18/15 then again
    8pm & 11pm Thursday 4/23/15

2. Turbo,I just checked my program guide,There is no channel 246 on any level for me to add on to.and 245 shows it has now been made unavailable

3. Had a blast watching, learned a thing or two as well.

4. papacub

papacub

Watched last night, one of the best shows on TV. I learned a lot about what happened to a lot of flatheads.

5. haychrishay

haychrishay

No used the record button on the dish, and I just watched it......man am I coveting! I would love to raise the hood on my 40 and see a pair of those on the flatty!

6. If you ever get a chance to visit Ray Evernhams shop in Mooresville NC, by all means do so.. What a collection of old historic,restored racecars..not to mention all the future projects stacked around the walls....and quite a collection of muscle cars too
    He has a cruise-in in the Fall ,and an open house shop tour...
    What a treat...

7. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

But did they mention the family that makes the ARDUN heads and all the necessary parts? The Fergusons

HEMI32 likes this.
  8. Mike Herman did explain that the ARDUN heads, rockers arms, etc. on the engine he started for Mr. Evernham were reproductions (and were of superior design to original heads) ... Perhaps Mike did mention the Fergusons by name ... but that part ended up on the "cutting room floor" ... What say you @Capitan Insano?

Also ... Is it just me? ... or did it bother anyone else that they used footage of cars running at El Mirage (i.e., a dusty dry lake) to illustrate cars running at Bonneville (i.e., the slat flats)? ... I really find it hard to believe that the editors / production crew couldn't procure more "stock footage" of cars running at Bonneville (vice El Mirage)!

9. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I think that old footage, whether it was completely accurate to the subject matter or not, was just thrown in for flavor. Just like some of the old drag videos they used. Overall, it was really cool to see all that stuff.

Don

10. Anyone have a link to watch this online?

11. LWEL9226

LWEL9226
    from So. Oregon

Anyone please, what channel on DirectTV ????

Thank You..... LW

12. uncle buck

uncle buck

Ok Danny ,You need to spend A little less time in front of the computer and more time in front of the TV! Maybe not... That would be just wrong....I haven't watched the episode but do have it recorded and am looking forward to watching it

13. Velocity
    Direct TV Channel:281Velocity

14. Nope you should be safe, I don't recall cell phones or computers being traditional either, :cool:

15. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

What is a cell phone?

Maverick Daddy likes this.
  16. 48stude

48stude

Only if you have HD , Bill

17. ronnieroadster

ronnieroadster

Having owned my ARDUN for a very long time I was interested in watching the program to see how well Ray explained the development history of the ARDUN heads . Considering its just for TV doing a bit more homework for real facts is just not that important. Ray left out a few important details about ARDUN history. Fact the ARDUN heads were not designed by Zora Duntov they were designed by his employee George Kudash in 1947 a design engineer working at ARDUN mechanical in New York city. Georges involvement with the ARDUN has been fully documented by Bill Hodinott and printed in the Bonneville racing news a number of years ago. The attached photo is George sitting at his drafting table in front of the ARDUN blueprints he drew so long ago.
    Rays story about Wiily glass was first rate old Willy was quite the character.

Attached Files:

bowie and HEMI32 like this.
  18. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67
    from J Town

My buddy told me that episode was season finale but in talking with Ray at the ROG, he said they were doing a show this season on the race.
    Anyone know if this actually was the finale.

19. I believe your buddy is correct ... as this was the 10th episode of season 2 (i.e., season 1 had 10 episodes).

20. LWEL9226

LWEL9226
    from So. Oregon

Apparently I don't get that channel.....:( :mad:
    Thanx for the info....

Lynn W

21. The37Kid

The37Kid

Seeing the ROG on the show would be great. Is Ray a HAMB member or lurker? Bob

22. It is a pretty good series. I missed this one but will catch it again. Between Velocity and MavTV there is enough to keep a gearhead entertained. The forgotten fiberglass episode was cool and had a HAMBer in it.

patmanta likes this.
  23. slowmotion

slowmotion

Good show. No drama and always something interesting. Maybe the powers that be are finally seeing the light that car type people aren't into the deadline drama, scream-o, bullshit, that made them millions of years back. Thank god it's run it's course.

patmanta likes this.
  24. I wouldn't know, never had one myself...

25. 56shoebox

56shoebox

Ray is scheduled to be at the 2015 ROG this upcoming Fall. (Did I say that? We haven't even gotten to the warm part of Spring yet in NJ. Geez!!!)

26. foolthrottle

foolthrottle

no mention of the Simca v8 60's used in Brazil until the mid 80's

27. Capitan Insano

Capitan Insano

Thanks for the positive support.

HEMI32 likes this.
  28. Why would they have? None of the other (even more rare) OHV conversions that were made for the Flathead and used by racers in the USA were discussed, either.

It was clearly a very basic episode - there's a limit to what can be squeezed into a 1/2 hour and still keep the interest of the common car guy - but still still neat to see.

HEMI32 likes this.
  29. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

I'd love to own those NOS Arduns he bought.
    Wow to find an unused set is unheard of.
    Great show!!

30. Caught it as a re-run. Very good episode. Also reminds me that there was a set of Ardun heads in this area that went underground many years ago. They will turn up some day...............