Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects What to do with the Hagans…?

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by piraya2, Nov 1, 2014.

1. desotot

desotot

Good one Lloyd, that 48 cad in my shop has Hagans and they just don't look right.

2. piraya2

piraya2
    from Sweden

I got inner -54 inner rings now and I'm pretty sure i can make them work with the Hagans pretty easy. They really match the diameter really well. Just have to fix new mounting brackets for the lights.

I don't want to change the Hagan bucket cause the fender shape is really nice.

I will take some pictures when i get it done.

Squablow, jeffyg82 and drdave like this.
  3. I've actually done the same thing after seeing jeffyg82's pics of his chevy. Looking forward to having these pie pans off my car. :)

jeffyg82 likes this.
  4. piraya2

piraya2
    from Sweden

Ok, great. Do you have any pictures that show how you done?

5. manyolcars

manyolcars

Once upon a time I had a ditzy blonde girlfriend with eyes that seemed to be open a little too much. Add the wide open eyelashes, kinda like Betty Boop and shes what I thought about the first time I saw the Hagan crap. :) She was cute but Hagan is terribly ugly/unacceptable.

Attached Files:

6. Not yet, but have planned on taking some to post on this thread so in the future if someone searched for options it would be documented. :) I am scrambling to finish repainting my roof in the next two weeks but will tackle the headlights right after that. I will post up all the pics as quick as I get it done.

7. Eeeewwww. An 80's flashback.

8. OK so you saw me at the fairgrounds, so what? :D :D :D

Funny story about the wife's purse, maybe I'll tell you some time. ;)

The Hagans are king of a street roddy thing but I think if they are there they are there. I would keep my eye out for a more traditional solution for sure but I would not let them slow my build down work on something else while you are looking.

My personal favorite frenched light consists of a stock headlamp ring molded to the fender (either welded or leaded) then the light bucket installed from the rear. Simple. It is a little more work to change a bulb and adjust but that's just part of the game isn't it.

62hotcat likes this.
  9. piraya2

piraya2
    from Sweden

No i tested the -54 rings and its near exactly the same size as the Hagans.

I kept the Hagan buckets but i will use the inside from the stock Merc. And i really like the shape of the fender.

Now i just need new lights and the thin chrome ring...

Really cool that its so simple to make IT look good!

Attached Files:

patterg2003, drdave and Squablow like this.
  10. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

I wonder if you could use '56 F100 trim rings instead.

11. piraya2

piraya2
    from Sweden

Ok, why would that be better?

12. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Because you'd have a real stainless trim ring as opposed to some oddly shaped conical bullshit that is obviously modern.

13. That is pretty much how I was planning on doing mine when I get to it. Makes me sad it looks so easy and I have put up with them for so long. Big change...looks great!!

62hotcat likes this.
  14. piraya2

piraya2
    from Sweden

But i have changed to -54 rings. The other is the before picture...

15. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

That's cool, the Merc rings look great too. I was just commenting on traditional headlight treatments that could replace the Hagan kits and suggested the 56 F100s as a potential candidate.

16. piraya2

piraya2
    from Sweden

Yes it looks much better now. To be clear. I still have the buckets from the Hagans cause they give the fender nice shape but then i will use the -54 stainless rings and som classic headlights instead of the ones with clear glass.

17. piraya2

piraya2
    from Sweden

Maybe i use them to make a sponge cake or something...

18. vwdave30

vwdave30

The 54 rings look so much better

19. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Just started reading this thread and I hold street rods a few pegs below a hot rod. However, I have been wearing Hawaiin shirts for 55 years and that IS traditional. Sandals and shorts when really hot but NEVER a purse!