Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMB Drags 2015

Discussion in 'H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals' started by josephthreedogs, Oct 22, 2014.

1. josephthreedogs

josephthreedogs

Our company is requesting our vacation dates for 2015 and I need to know as close as possible the date for 2015.

2. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

I would guess August 22. But that is just a guess. The 21 through the 23 is the swap meet at the Springfield, Mo fairgrounds and for the past few years this has been the same weekend as the HAMB Drags.

John

bchrismer likes this.
  3. RatRoy

RatRoy

The 2015 H.A.M.B. Drags are I assume is August 22, however I just called the Holiday Inn (I assume the host hotel) and they told me the H.A.M.B Drags are scheduled August 15. Does anybody know for sure?????

4. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

I do not know, but if you go to the mokan schedule http://www.mokandragway.com/schedule/ you can see there is a bracket race scheduled for that day. If you look closely at the schedule, you might figure out the Saturday that is open for the HAMB Drags. Since the HAMB Drags are a private meet, it will not appear on the Mokan calendar.

John

5. RatRoy

RatRoy

WZ JUNK, I assumed the same thing after viewing the track schedule however the hotel manager was certain the date for the H.A.M.B. Drags are August 15. I wish Ryan would weight in with the facts...

6. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

I quote..........

'Get ready and make plans for the best damn traditional drag racing in the country! Presented by The Jalopy Journal on Aug. 22, 2015.'

that's what it say's in the title to this thread...............

K

7. RatRoy

RatRoy

Has anybody made hotel reservations yet and how did that go???

8. RatRoy

RatRoy

Re-read post number #3....

9. RatRoy

RatRoy

Am I the only one that has contacted the host hotel? Somebody tell me if they got any information from the hotel.
    The host hotel has been the Holiday Inn Joplin, 3615 S. Range Line Road, (417) 782-1000. Somebody call them and report what they say the date is.

10. RatRoy

RatRoy

And another thing, the H.A.M.B Drags has always been the third Saturday of August which this year is August 15.

11. RatRoy

RatRoy

Hello,,,,,anybody out there going to the H.A.M.B.Drags .....??

12. Ive never been but the HAMB drags are the weekend after Bonneville. Speed Week is the second week of August.

13. RatRoy

RatRoy

Hello,,,,,anybody,,,,,,,,

14. Residence Inn didn't have a clue as to when the HAMB drags were. At least the first two people I talked to didn't. Took two days and three phone calls to get reservations. Front desk told me they had the 15th weekend blocked out just because they assumed that's typically when they happen. I told them the event website says the 22nd and they finally did reservations for me at HAMB rate.. This was the third phone call and third person I talked to.

15. Avgas

Avgas

Looking at this event after Bonneville, trying to confirm dates, could someone shed some light onto the dates & where's the best place to stay? Cheers Wayne

16. According to the announcement they are Aug 22nd. That's when I booked my rooms for. Either stay at the Holiday Inn or Residence Inn. They give HAMB rates for the weekend.

17. Avgas

Avgas

Thanks Racer29, been untouched with WZ Junk & had some great local help. Look forward to meeting some like minded guys at Mokan

18. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Any link to said announcement I can't find anything with an actual date on it. I mean that's pretty traditional but it would be nice to know more then a few weeks in advance

19. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

Something formal should be posted soon. Be patient. Historically, everything has worked out for anyone who wanted to attend. When the announcement is made, you will have time to make your arrangements.

John

20. Avgas

Avgas

Morning John, plans coming together nicely here!

21. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

Took care of my Hamb Drags entry yesterday. This will be my 7th time. It's one of the best vintage drags of the summer!

22. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

I think I have my facts right but someone else needs to check my information. The calendar is not our friend this year. Speedweek is August 8-14 and The HAMB Drags are August 22. Usually Speedweek at Bonneville ends the day of the HAMB Drags. A number of people attend Speedweek and then head east about mid week to attend the drags. But this year there is a full week of extra time before the HAMB Drags. Those of you that are attending both events may need to do a little extra planning. There is plenty to see between here and there.

John

23. Avgas

Avgas

John, the Hot Rod Hillclimb is on the 15th in Georgetown Co. The extra week has been excellent for travelling for us out of towners!

24. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

Great. I have read about this event but I have not attended, although I have been to Georgetown. It should be a lot of fun and not much out of the way at all. There should be plenty of other things to see by going through Colorado. It could not have worked out better. It will be fun to visit with you when you get here. I will make some suggestions for things to do here should you arrive early.

I hope others that are making the same trip will take advantage of the extra days.

John

25. Avgas

Avgas

Road trip is getting hugh John, when we get closer I will get your cell no?

26. If you are close enough to attend the Hotrod Hillclimb, DON'T PASS IT UP! In my opinion it ranks right up there with the HAMB drags as a must attend event. The quality and quantity of cars in Georgetown for this is truly unbelievable. The town literally steps back in time to 1953-4.

That being said, getting a room in Georgetown will probably be next to impossible by now.

Countn'Carbs likes this.
  27. ORGANGRINDER

ORGANGRINDER

ok...looks like i'm in and ready to go to the HAMB DRAGS baby!

28. See you there Reggie!

29. ORGANGRINDER

ORGANGRINDER

Ya jason is signing up as we speak....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

30. daschaefer

daschaefer

Just sent my request email..... I plan on driving the Chicken Coupe from Florida and meeting Reggie in Arkansas this year (I am still trying to be as cool as A-Bone!!!).... But this year Kenny needs to meet us for the last leg of the cruise from Hot Springs Arkansas to Joplin,,, good times

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015