Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 36 ford custom build (MISS SCARLET)

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by kippers 34, Jul 5, 2013.

1. milkweed

milkweed
    from SLC UT

TagMan....... I sprayed Kipps car and he left the doors on to spray, that was the biggest pain in the ass to deal with, if he would of had any other parts on the car i would Not of painted it...If you want a QUALITY paint job paint it all blown apart....Yes you will need to becareful assembling it but it will look 1000 times better......

daddio211 likes this.
  2. Oooh how I´m waiting for to see it with the crome assembled.Hurry up Kipp;)

3. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks, milkweed. I appreciate the feedback.

4. I'm envisioning Kip and Milkweed cursing at each other like an old married couple while they're assembling the front end. Lucky to have friends like that. Even if you curse at em they'll hold the part steady and get er done!!

5. Thanks. She is coming together smoothly so far.

6. Im moving as fast as I can find time. But not fast enough she's not on the road yet.

7. Having Milkweed help sounds like a wonderfull idea.

daddio211 likes this.
  8. Sunday morning I went out and started by finding all the pcs to reassemble the steering box. I put all new bearings races and seals. Then I installed the NOS 39 worm gear on the 36 shaft. While assembling the box the tube for the horn rod was loose and I wasent going to use it so I drilled the bushing out and welded the hole shut before putting the bottom together.
    After buttoning the box up I slid the 36 column drop on to the chromed 36 tube and then slid them on to the 39 box. Every thing went together surprisingly well. I bought a bearing for the top of the shaft to replace the stock bushing to reduce the drag on the steering. Then I jacked the front end way up in the air and slid the column and box in to place.

9. Lookin' so fine.......

10. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

Thats looking great Kipp!

11. bigbore

bigbore

Looks like a dream car. Very nice......................... Grats

12. Thanks. Almost there.
    Thanks Eric. You will have to stop by and see her.
    Definitely a dream car. Thanks.

13. Thanks Kipp.It will do for now

14. Kustom.Falcon

Kustom.Falcon

What an incredible display of talent, craftsmanship, artisanship, and style. You are a true master craftsman. Undoubtedly, you should be extraordinarily proud of this piece of art. Well done, sir.

15. Don't quite know how to respond but I think I feel my head growing a bit. She does set the bar a bit high for the next build. Thanks for the compliments she is definatly a labor of love.

Kustom.Falcon likes this.
  16. Don't worry there is more where that came from. Sent the grill off to chrome yesterday I think it is he last piece to go.

17. Yesterday I had to work so I dident accomplish much. I did find some spark pugs that will work and some brass fitting's for the oil lines. This morning I went out and lifted the intake off the engine to prepare the engine for the manifold. while it was off I mounted the throttle pedal and the brass fittings for the oil lines. After cleaning the masking from painting off the lifter gallery I got ready to install the manifold. Brian showed up with his dial meter and tools to measure the plug to valve clearance. After figuring out the amount of spacer that was needed he went to machine a set of spacers.

firepilot likes this.
  18. After installing the manifold I took the fuel pump and polished it so it shined like the rest of the engine and then reinstalled it. I mounted the oil filter and attached the oil supply lines and oil sending unit. Brian called with spacers finished so I went and picked them up and installed the plugs with the spacers. Then came time to install the chrome coil and bracket. Needing mare chrome I asembeled the road draft tube that came from a 49 ford because the tube that came off the 8RT dident clear the cross member. Most of the engine is assembled and ready to test fire. Hopefully this week I can get her fired up.

kiwijeff, firepilot and daddio211 like this.
  19. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

wow looking great!!! such an inspiration! :D

20. Thanks. Getting there slowly.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

21. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

22. lewk

lewk
    from Mt

So pretty and impressive.

23. steeljunkieII

steeljunkieII

Looks Dam good Kip

24. JLB3

JLB3

You do such terrible work. Cant you do any better? :D[SARCASM]:)
    This is no doubt my favorite build thread on the Hamb!

25. Thanks Tons everyone for the support.
    James, she has to look nice to set next to your A!
    I have been under the weather the last week and a half and I have not accomplished much myself. But. She has been at Lockharts where Mark has been installing Brake lines, fuel lines, exhaust, etc. Rob brought me some really nice taillight lenses. Dave finished up more chrome.
    Sooooooo she is still coming along. Pics to come soon.

26. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

Hope you feel better. It is really looking good!
    Keep workin'
    Al

27. telekenfun

telekenfun

Kipp, I'm sorry to hear you caught a bug, but it sounds like it hasn't kept you down. I thought you were just in the last Trash to getting her on the road and were too busy to post. I know how anxious you must be at this point and were probably pushing long and hard. You must have "ran yourself down". The progress from here on out always seems to slow way down as you get closer and closer to the end. If you get one thing done a day, you're still making progress. Take care of yourself, "Slow and easy wins this Race". We're all anxious to see it completed, but don't push it on our account.
    Best regards and good luck with all your endeavors, KB.

28. Thanks Guys. I am finaly feeling normal again and I am almost cought back up at work so now I can get back on her.

29. Thursday last week mark said he had a spot open so if I wanted the exhaust done to get her there Friday. Feeling like I wanted to die I got up early and loaded her up on my trailer and headed off to work. At lunch I headed over to Lockhart's to drop her off. After unloading her she awaits an empty lift. I left her and went back to work.

justntime and firepilot like this.