Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects A 1933 Ford 5w coupe from a 4 door sedan...

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Fordgasser1, Jun 4, 2011.

1. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Yeaaaa buddy!! That looks awesome!

2. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

Thanks guys!

Ha ha! Wish I had a barcolounger to sit my ass on! Thanks for the compliments!

Right on! Thanks Rcnut!

Cool! glad you like it!

Thanks K.L.! The front end will come down a bit when I get the motor in it for a little rake.

Thanks Rat!

Thanks you guys!I appreciate the encouragement!

Will do!

Oh yeah Tbone, it WILL be at TROG 2015 even if I have to push it to Wildwood!!! Get your project done and we'll see you at the beach!

Thanks brother! Your 32 build is looking killer too!

3. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

33coupepics 001 (Small).jpg 33coupepics 002 (Small).jpg 33coupepics 003 (Small).jpg 33coupepics 004 (Small).jpg 33coupepics 006 (Small).jpg 33coupepics 007 (Small).jpg Took time getting some small work done,nothing earth shattering. The inside A pillars are now all welded up and the top wood rails replaced..I started messing with the dash and the A pillar covers trying to make them fit(still messing with them).I then decided it was time to get the DS door top in place.The PS side was such a bitch I was dreading it for the last few weeks..Lots of cutting and pie slicing of the top rail to get the contour right but It came together pretty nicely! I did mine a little unorthodox than most..I keep the door top free of the bottom so I can remove it to rework it on the bench. Once the top profile is right,I take the lower section and remove the last few inches of the outer skin by drilling the spot welds and bending the lip back..I then get the inner frame fitted and tack welded The 3rd and 4 th pics show the inner structure getting fitted without the outer skin.After that is in place I re-work the outer skin to get the front curve right.It might be the long way to do this,but it worked for me..There's still more welding and finish work to be done,but the hard part is over! The latch assembly went in and the door opens/closes now! Yeehaw! On to the door bottom!

Runnin shine and K.L like this.
  4. K.L

K.L

You're on a roll now, have you got yourself a flattie yet?

5. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

Sure do K.L.! I got a few flatties that I could use or a good friend of mine offered up his 8ba with merc crank to run TROG if needed! If all else fails I'll take the 59l out of #36 from last years race. One way or another it'll be running in October!

K.L, ff1930 and jadegrenade 51 like this.
  6. K.L

K.L

I sure hope we'll get to see some video footage in the future!

7. Keep the updates coming

8. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

Working on it!

9. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

33coupepics 008 (Small).jpg 33coupepics 001 (Small).jpg 33coupepics 010 (Small).jpg 33coupepics 003 (Small).jpg 33coupepics 006 (Small).jpg 33coupepics 002 (Small).jpg 33coupepics 001 (Small).jpg Finishing the lower panels on the drivers side door.As you could see the lower 4 inches on inside and out has returned to the earth. First, I figure the length needed by placing the outside on the door while on the car. The doorskin is marked and cut to fit then clamped in place. The door is then removed from the car with outer skin still clamped so I can rebuild the inside door frame. The inner panel is marked for trimming while it is held in place by the lip of the outer panel..Once tacked in place,I start building the lower door frame pieces from scratch. Paper templates are used to work out the contours. Transferred into steel,they are cut and bent into shape,then welded in place. The outer skin is then tacked into place and the door refitted to car to check the gaps.

cactus1, Dave Mc, K.L and 2 others like this.
  10. el Roach

el Roach
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

11. pumpman

pumpman

Just installed seat belts on my barco lounger because you're blowing me away with your craftsmanship. Damn!

brEad likes this.
  12. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

Where did you end up getting the above the deck lid panel?

13. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

Thanks el Roach!

Ha ha! Thanks pumpman!

Its a SAR piece for a roadster shortened a bit.

hotrodderhaag likes this.
  14. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

Its a SAR piece for a roadster shortened a bit.[/QUOTE]

THANKS!

15. Looks real good, nice work.

-Chris

16. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

17. getting closer! looks good, chop turned out spot on!!!

18. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

Thanks!

19. Dude! Awesome!

20. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

Thanks Cactus1!

21. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

It was nice to meet you at the Showdown and get that stuff for Kevin. I can't believe I missed this thread so far. But I'm all caught up now! Nice work, man. Keep it up and we'll see ya at TROG!

22. Thank you for posting I was really bummed this is by far my favorite thread on the HAMB I accidentally deleted my watched threads and I couldn't find this thread ! I had to see how this turns out Awesome Work!! Jim

23. Squablow

Squablow

Incredible work, thanks for taking such good pictures along the way.

24. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

Thanks GG! Great to meet you too..See you and Kevin on the sand in October!

Welcome back! i'm a little behind on posts lately..I try to post some pics tonight..Been assembling the Flathead,plumbing the brakes and working on a cowl steering setup! stay tuned!

Thanks Squablow! Appreciate the compliments!

25. You just blow me away with your skills......Looks great

26. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

Thanks 383duece!

27. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

1933 parts 003.JPG 1933 parts 147.JPG 1933 parts 146.JPG Started building my killer flattie for this Trogmobile! The block was bored to 3-3/8ths,ported and relieved.Special Isky camshaft from the "father" himself!Adjustable lifter added with lots of break-in lube! Big chevy style valves with one piece guides..Once all the spring heights were determined,the Isky springs were added with proper shims..4" Merc crank installed with beefier maincaps added because a "puffer" is to be added at a later date. Stock "prepped" insert style rods were used and ross pistons. Valves were installed and lash was set..All machine work was performed by my good friend Rob D. In Bridgeton,NJ. If you ever need a top notch machinist,he's the guy! 1933 parts 148.JPG

28. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

This build rules.. The price of roached out 4-doors is just getting higher and higher because of guys like you.

jadegrenade 51 likes this.
  29. Model A Mark

Model A Mark
    from dallas
    1. Holley 94 Group

I LOVE your engine choice...

30. Mart

Mart

Nice work, George.

Mart.