Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical air cleaner question

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by jerdan, Mar 30, 2015.

1. I have a 53 ford flathead with a single carb. Does anyone know how to install an air cleaner with the bolt down through the middle to a holley two barrell? This is the air cleaner from speedway.

2. 59Apachegail

59Apachegail
    from New York

If you don't have a tapped hole in the throat of your carb they sell a collar that will bolt around the carb top. This will allow you to screw the air cleaner on to something

3. Where would I find this collar?

4. Where would I find this collar?

5. greybeard360

greybeard360

Which air cleaner and which Holley 2bbl ???

6. Holley 94 10" air cleaner from speedway motors

7. 59Apachegail

59Apachegail
    from New York

I see them on ebay it looks like a hose clamp with a bar through the middle with a tapped hole.

8. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi. Lack of all measurements makes it a guess but on Speedway catalog #501 on page 337 it shows a 2g air cleaner adapter. Says it will adapt a an air cleaner with a 5 1/8" 4 barrell air cleaner neck size down to a 2G carb. I think the 2g HAS A 2 5/8" NECK BUT YOU BETTER MEASURE and ask when you order. You do not want to have to find an adapter to fit an adapter. Jimmie

9. greybeard360

greybeard360

I assume you bought the 10" for a 2bbl carb (it is actually a 4 bbl air cleaner with the adaptor ring for 2 BBL). That would be fine on a Rochester 2 bbl..... not gonna work on the Holley 94. You need one that clamps to the neck of the carb. They are pretty secific on what will fit a 94 or a Stromberg 97.

10. This is an air cleaner from Vintage Speed (aluminum) and from Summit (stamped steel), but it shows how the adapter works. Wouldnt take but a few minutes to make one.

Attached Files: