Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

(SOLD) Old Hastings "Berserk Frenchman" Motor Minder Gauge

Discussion in 'Parts For Sale' started by fleetside66, Mar 28, 2015.

1. fleetside66

fleetside66

City: Bethlehem

State: Pennsylvania
    Price: $28
    Here is a neat old motor minder gauge featuring Hasting's running musclebound Frenchman, replete with beret, beard & striped shirt. The gauge has been tested functional & accurate, vacuum wise. It measures 3-3/4" across the front & 1-3/8" deep. It's not designed to fit into a dash hole, but to stand alone with the simple bracket (included). The glass & bezel pop off very easily with the two screws on the side, so I suppose it could be fitted into hole with some minor manipulation. I've had an identical one on the trans hump of my '33 for years & I never fail to get a charge out of the colorful graphics & the fact that I'm usually in the "Excellent" range. It's made in the U.S., not France, by the way. I'm not sure how they came up with that logo. It "Sets the Pace." As the pics show, it's in pretty nice shape. There is a little paint loss on the casing, though. Where else can you get something this useful, cool, old & made in the U.S.A for the price?

The price is plus shipping, which would be $7 for USPS Priority Mail with Tracking & Insurance to the lower 48. PayPal would be best, but a Postal Money Order would work as well. The first P.M. committing to buy gets it.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]