Register now to get rid of these ads!

Queensland Nostalgias 2015

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by spanners, Jan 1, 2015.

1. spanners

spanners

Hey Nigel or anyone from that neck of the woods, what's happened to the Nostalgia drags in Queensland? I can't find anything on Willowbank's calendar or have they died a painful death due to lack of sponsorship? Peter

2. OBFB HA/GR

OBFB HA/GR

Warwick are running on 21 Feb and Willowbank on the 22nd, I'm gunna try to do both

3. spanners

spanners

Thanks Nigel. I might make it to Warwick myself.

4. spanners

spanners

What's the situation at Warwick? Can interlopers from another state come and play there at that event? I've just noticed the Nostalgias on the event page at Willowbank, so I might try to do both days as well, providing you can handle the competition. I'll have driven 9 hours to get to Warwick, what's another 2 hours to Willowbank to race the next day.
    I can't say I'd be happy running in the Hotrod bracket again, what with the deck stacking that went on last time, but, a run is a run.

5. Black Knight Racing

Black Knight Racing
    from Sydney Oz

Hey Peter, Nigels car is now in Sydney with its new owner which is Emmas husband the young lady that looks after our class at WSID. I put him onto nigel to buy it and he picked it up yesterday

6. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Hope this doesn't mean that Nigel has quit racing. o_O Is he building a new car?

7. spanners

spanners

Obviously he couldn't handle the thought of a GM product from another state ,coming up there and making him earn his money. :D

8. spanners

spanners

The downside to that is there is one less HAMBster in Queensland. That leaves 2, maybe 3 and that's not good for the bracket up there. The upside is it gives us 1 more racing at Sydney, even if it is Ford powered.

9. bobw

bobw

Sure hope Nigel is staying in the game. His contributions to this site are invaluable. Not to mention informative and entertaining.

10. OBFB HA/GR

OBFB HA/GR

Don't worry fellas I am building a vintage gasser. A bit different, we're using a 1961 hillman van body, with a SBC and glide

Attached Files:

11. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

OK, you're off the hook for now. Wish we had some pictures of the Hillman Old6Rodder had back in the mid '60s. Had some fun times in that car. :rolleyes:

12. bobw

bobw

Nigel, Since you are painting already you are quite far along on the project. A full report would be nice. You know, driveline, anticipated e.t., that sort of thing.

Sorry to see you leave the HA/GR ranks but you know what's best for you for the most fun. Good luck with the Hillman. I really favor little cars (I have a few) so if you post a build thread somewhere, I'd like to follow it.

13. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

X2

14. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

x3. :cool:

15. HAMBsterLady

HAMBsterLady

16. OBFB HA/GR

OBFB HA/GR

Quite a lot of progress lately, really just need to build the engine. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Black Knight Racing likes this.
  17. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

18. spanners

spanners

Very nice. Has it got a built chassis or just running original chassis. I ask because I've got an Austin A40 cab/chassis that's waiting for it's turn in the shed. Thinking Holden V8 or shit-hot six and 3 speed manual 'box to run at Nostalgias.