Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Bare Metal American Graffiti Clone

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fuel10922, May 19, 2011.

1. Every bare metal car that I have seen rusts eventually.

2. I believe if you read the thread, he states that he will paint it. Whether or not that's done yet hasn't been said.

3. So? Still a douche

4. Then why are we even arguing about it? Because it's the HAMB and that's what we do.

YBNORML likes this.

5. So, still stupid?

6. second fiddle

second fiddle

"Ours is more of a tribute than a clone"

7. Pretty sure you're the only one with the issue with the car.

8. joey7508

joey7508
    from TX

What ever happened to the Naked Milner coupe? I've tried to find a recent post or blog, but it seems to have fallen off the radar. I really dig the car and followed the build blog years ago. Anyone have any new info on the car or builder?

9. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Builder got so much shit that he painted it red so it blends in.:rolleyes:

beauishere likes this.
  10. I too am a big AG 32 coupe fan. I thought I knew most everything there was to know about the coupe until last summer at the NSRA Nats. My son and I were combing the swap meet looking for a suitable different steering wheel for the roadster. We stumbled on to a nice three spoke wheel with a very unusual three hole pattern that the guy claimed was the same used on the original 32 coupe. A quick Google Image on the ol smart phone verified he was correct. The wheel wasn't cheap. In fact pretty high compared to what used 3 spoke wheels generally sell for.. Plus the wheel was used and it was going on a car built back in 1955.

Did some soul searching and quickly decided that while the wheel was realitively expensive, it was a lot cheaper than the 15" SoCal 40 Ford repo wheel I had been thinking about. Not to mention what a new repop wheel was going to look like on a well used 31 Roadster.

At any rate, I see in the pictures you guys found the correct wheel. Bet that wasn't easy to find.....

11. I love the car and the job is first rate But with no disrespect met didnt the car have a glove box to place the CS tickits in after he got the plate tickit again I love the Car Great Job.

12. I think Carol placed them in the door pocket. (See the picture on page 2)

13. BLUDICE

BLUDICE

So John how correct is Steve Anderson's AG clone?

14. Without a doubt the second most correct clone I have seen. His paint is too slick.. lol. His first one that burnt up had the correct paint but other features weren't quite right. The rebuild after the fire caught all of the missing details except for the paint finish.

The best one was the one I almost bought back in 1990 that was built in upstate New York. When I didn't buy it, I gave Steve Anderson the two hour video, thus the reason his is so correct

15. dorf

dorf
    from ohio

nice work ,love it

16. Darn now I have to watch the movie again Lol Darn ! I just remember her turning the tunes and a glove box Pay the tickit or Holsteain will find ya big John !!!!!!!