Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Max Musgrove 97 express -- Good Alliance Member

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by mwhistle, Feb 28, 2015.

1. mwhistle

mwhistle
    from sacramento

Recently, I purchased some Stromberg 97 parts from Max. I had not used him previously. I spoke directly to him on the phone because I had a question regarding Stromberg's new 97 throttle body with vacuum port (which can be easily plugged, if necessary). Specifically, I asked Max if it was reasonable to use the new vacuum port base on my 1969 Chevrolet 327 engine (with 3 Strombergs) that currently uses manifold vacuum. Max said he was not sure I would see much improvement in my application. He thought the vacuum port base was more beneficial for flat head style engines which have different vacuum needs and signal. I already expected that the vacuum port base would not be helpful as a vacuum timing component, but I appreciated Max's honesty and that he did not try to sell me a part that might not work. However, since I needed a new throttle body base anyway because the old one I had was worn out, I went ahead and bought it along with some other new Stromberg parts.
    I'll try the vacuum throttle body base with both manifold vacuum and port vacuum on my engine just for the fun of it and report back to the HAMB on my findings.
    The bottom line is that the parts I ordered from Max came promptly and my experience with Max was very good and I will buy from him again.

fnjunk and uncle max like this.
  2. Second that.

uncle max likes this.
  3. Uncle Max is THE man when it comes to carbs!

uncle max likes this.
  4. Babar40

Babar40
    from Florida

Max is a true gentleman and a very knowledgable professional. Oh yea, and a hot rodder! I am proud to be a client.

uncle max likes this.

5. I've dealt with Max in the past. he knows what he is doing, and he is very good at it.

uncle max likes this.
  6. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Uncle Max is THEE go to guy!! Love his work and he's super nice!

uncle max likes this.
  7. ydopen

ydopen

Uncle Max is great to deal with.

John

uncle max likes this.
  8. Race City Rodz

Race City Rodz

UM has 2 of my 97's right now, can't wait to see them and admire his work!

uncle max likes this.
  9. uncle max

uncle max
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You should be getting a touchy-feely early next week!

10. We it comes to Stromberg Carbs, there is only one "go to" person.... Uncle Max!

uncle max likes this.
  11. diiulio

diiulio

I sent him two beat up 97's, they needed a lot of work. He did a beautiful job and turned it around quick. I haven't run them yet, but I expect they won't be the problems I run into when getting the coupe back on the road.

12. Race City Rodz

Race City Rodz

BITCHIN!!!!! I LOOK FORWARD TO IT!

uncle max likes this.
  13. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Solid, solid guy... I use Max for all my stromberg stuff.

uncle max likes this.
  14. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

I just sent 2- 81's to Max.

uncle max likes this.
  15. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

I received my 81's this week....I have to say I'm impressed.

16. I'll chirp in on this one.......Kudo's for Max !!!! Called him several weeks ago & got some good advice/answers on jetting/power valves on 97's as my new flathead had been running overly rich & killing plugs......
    Max was great to deal with, pkg'd all parts up nicely & send via Priority Mail......and said "just pay me" after receiving parts........so just mailed off his $$$$ with a Thx enclosed..........

17. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

I installed my 81,s today......They preformed great out of the box....Thanks Max