Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bad Seller Warning?

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Green Rodz, Feb 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Green Rodz

Green Rodz

I know over the years this has been asked, but I don't remember what the final outcome was....soo, I'll ask again before I post anything:

Do we have an area to post "bad sellers", or do we just keep our mouths shut when we, or our family members, get ripped off by other Hambers?

2. If memory serves Ryan has a bad sellers list somewhere, I would send him a conversation about it and see what he has to say. But hell, I'm normally wrong so take this for what it's worth!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. I noticed this has not been added to since July 2013, does this mean there have been no bad sellers here on the Hamb or has Ryan stopped adding to it?

4. I don't have a clue but I would think that anyone experiencing a problem would contact Ryan and let him know.

I do remember him encouraging alliance members to do business with other alliance members and if any problem arose he would help rectify the situation.HRP

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  5. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Maybe the bad sellers got the message and stay away!

6. Green Rodz

Green Rodz

No, they didn't BamaMav.
    They are still here.
    My wife and I just got a bad deal (SCREWED) on a several thousand dollar deal, and I contacted Ryan.
    He said since he didn't know any of us, that it was "buyer beware".
    So yes, there are still some very bad HAMBers out there, but I'll keep my mouth shut here and not mention any names.

7. Were you screwed out of several thousand dollars? Because if you were piss on that guy:mad:

8. Green Rodz

Green Rodz

No.
    Bought vehicle from a user here.
    Paid several thousand dollars for it. Wire transfer.
    Totally misrepresented the vehicle. Piece of junk wouldnt even run.
    Spent a bunch of money at a rod shop just to get it to run (sorta) under its own power.
    Politely asked him to pay a percentage of the repairs, because he clearly misrepresented the vehicle in his ad here.
    He flatly said NO.
    On top of that, he illegally jumped the title, and now I cant get it registered, so we cant drive it or do anything with it.
    Supposedly that's a felony.
    I'm taking it to the courthouse tomorrow.
    It''s just a totally bad deal from a user here who sells a fair amount of vehicles here (like a dealer).
    smh

9. Green Rodz

Green Rodz

10. Green go ahead and call him out. I got jacked by a jump title on a car I purchased from a guy on the HAMB also. Hope your outcome is better than mine.I was never able to register the car in my state. Good Luck

11. Green Rodz

Green Rodz

I'm very very seriously considering it........

12. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If Ryan said it's "buyer beware", then you are duty bound to make other buyers aware.

13. Green Rodz

Green Rodz

But I HATE drama. I sooo wish this all wasn't happening. It just sucks. This place is my comfort zone. I come here to relax. This just sucks.

14. Did you go look at it in person, or just go off his word/description?

The bad sellers list is locked because only Ryan can add to it.

15. Green Rodz

Green Rodz

Went off of his ad here on the HAMB.

16. Well,you make no bones about it that the bad seller is a Hamber in Tulsa, so with that you have done these members a disservice and made everyone selling anything in Tulsa a suspect! HRP

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  17. DERPR30

DERPR30
    from HARVEY LA

GO AHEAD & NAME NAMES IF HE WRONGED A HAMBER THE REST OF US NEED TO KNOW WHO THIS POS IS

18. Green Rodz

Green Rodz

19. I need to ask what is title jumping?

20. That's a new one on me too! HRP

21. The Hamb doesn't cost you a dime and nether do the classifieds,but what I would really like to know is just how do you know your conversation didn't go through? HRP

22. Title jumping just means you buy a car , have the seller sign the back, but don't put your name on it. then when you sell it, there is no record that you were part of the deal. This has nothing to do with not being able to title or plate a car after you buy it. As the buyer you need to look at the title to make sure that the name on the front matches the signature on the back, so that you can transfer it regardless of who you give your money to. This is completely up to you to check this.

23. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

It's when Danny buys a car from Fred. Fred signs the back of the title only with out putting Danny's name as buyer. Danny doesn't change the Title over to Danny's name and Danny sells it to Ralph but it's still in Fred's name.

Danny sold it WITH OUT changing the car into his name.

It's called Title jumping.......

24. Cob,that makes it clear. HRP

25. Okay, didn't know it was a big deal.

26. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It is illegal in most, if not all states.

27. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Here's the deal. A guy buys a car sight unseen and is upset when it is not what he expected. He contacts me and tells me all of the stuff that's wrong with it. I contact the seller and tells another story.

Who am I to believe? Who am I to be a judge?

It's an impossible situation for me. And it sucks for all involved.

28. Green Rodz

Green Rodz

It's illegal in Florida.
    What makes it worse and more difficult is when you bring a vehicle from one state to a different state (like this vehicle did). We need signatures on a state form, and, since he didn't tell me he jumped the title, I now can't register the vehicle until I can find the original owner.....wherever he may be....and have him sign the state form...and maybe have it notorized as well (I have to ask). It's a mess.
    We did not know that until a couple weeks AFTER we wired the money, later the van showed up....THEN, later, the title came in the mail and it was not in his name.

29. Green Rodz

Green Rodz

I'd rather hear the worst truth than the best lie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.