Register now to get rid of these ads!

NW/VR in the Southwest

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by 300racr, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Crosley

Crosley
    from Aridzona

very kool. A good start on the build.

2. spanners

spanners

Very nice start. What's the wheelbase likely to be?

3. moracing

moracing
    from arizona

It is 127 1/2 had to make it shorter then my car and marks car ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1416195420.474158.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. Mike, glad to see ya back on here.Thanks again for everything Bud!

5. HAMBsterLady

HAMBsterLady

You made the appropriate vroom vroom noises I imagine? Looking good.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. Ummm yeah, they forced me to LOL Thanks HAMBsterLady

7. Old28

Old28

300 -- I just went through some builds that I had missed during my operation and found a couple you had posted.

That drop in the floor will help with getting out of the car. You look real comfortable in the car, the added inside room will make for a great ride, the boys (Mike & Mark) build some real nice Hot Rods, great skill.

Keep the build pictures coming. :confused:;)

8. Thanks Old28,,The guys have been busy with work etc. and haven't had a chance to work on it lately.But will post updates as soon as they do.

9. Old28

Old28

Nice cage 300, The boys bend some nice tubing. How's it feel for room with the cage on?

10. Old28,
    I like it, don't feel like I'm closed in at all and really don't see the cage in my peripheral view. It's comfortable enough to take a nap in the lanes if need be LOL.

11. bobw

bobw

It's okay to tak a nap in the lanes but be sharp on the lights! The cage looks outstanding. If I did a "do-over" on mine I would copy yours.

12. Thanks bobw, props gotta go to Mike & Mark. They are doing a great job with this build.

Crosley likes this.
  13. Crosley

Crosley
    from Aridzona

got yur trailer ready to haul the car yet? ;) Mark n Mike & their families are some good folks. Glad I met them

14. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  15. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

Hope you keep the pipes, I love'em. :cool:

Are they tacked together underneath?

16. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

X2 on the pipes. Liking your build a lot! :)

17. Old6 & 64 Dodge, yep I'm keeping the pipes they are the look I wanted. They are 34" long, which is the recommended primary length for the engine build.

18. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

19. bobw

bobw

The pipes are just as nice as the rest of the car. A great build.

20. Crosley

Crosley
    from Aridzona

very kool. car looks good. pipes look good on the car.

Have you got the engine short block screwed together yet? transmission built? Wiring planned out.. details , details. ;)

21. Old28

Old28

300 -- Those equal length "Side Mounted Zoomies" look real fine on that killer 300 Ford. The car is looking better each week, chassis and cage are top notch, Mike & Mark are doing a great job.Keep the pictures coming.

22. Crosley motor has been done for years. I need to get the tranny rebuilt and need a 240/300-C4 block plate though. Still need to get rear tires and misc. stuff.

23. Spent the day hanging out with Mike & Mark workin on the rail. Made some headway, did the patterns for the firewall and dash, Mike got the radiator and shell mounted worked on the brake handle, and got the side bars installed on the drivers side.Mark got the battery box formed and welded up.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

24. Old28

Old28

You guys are really moving along on this hot rod. Chassis side rails look great and the model A radiator shell goes great with the 300" Ford motor. The pictures are real nice and give use some idea's for changes or modifications. Keep up the great work.

25. Well. the steerings done, fuel tank mounted, cage bars finished along with the gas pedal. Mike added some hairpins that double as steps to help getting in and out of the car. Floor is set upaswell.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

26. Old28

Old28

Looking real good. Cool way to make a step on a solid rear end, I would need a 4 bar setup for this old body. :eek::D Nice pictures, keep them coming.

27. Crosley

Crosley
    from Aridzona

Did y'all use an early VW steering box on this build?

28. Crosley,
    Yeah, they did. My car has the same steering setup as Mike & Marks cars. I think Mike said they came across a box full of steering boxes at GCC for cheap a while back.