Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects '56 Buick Special

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Nickrodder, Nov 30, 2014.

1. EVL401

EVL401

Looks cool mate thanks for sharing!!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. Eric H

Eric H

Very cool! You don't see them all black too often. Here is my old Buick. image.jpg

3. pcialone

pcialone

nice see photo. MY 56 401 Muncie 4 speed, 4 link rear 87GN,8" X15" WHEELS . I have a extra rear window for 56 tourback sedan.... I will pack it for shipping , hate to see it go to waste.

Attached Files:

4. pcialone

pcialone

3" lowering springs, ordered from a spring company with 3" drop, right? or cut?
    2" dropped spindle ... fat man right?
    are those stock wheels?
    thanks, PC

5. Nickrodder

Nickrodder

Actually I bought everything from Jamco Suspension. But I just tried to look up the part numbers and links and it doesn't look like they offer the drop spindles I bought from them anymore. But yes I lowered the car with 3 inch lowering springs and drop spindles in the front. In the rear I cut into the trunk and made pockets for the 3 inch lowering springs to sit higher in the trunk area

6. Nickrodder

Nickrodder

Nice Buicks by the way guys, I like seeing members rides

Eric H likes this.
  7. pcialone

pcialone

Thanks ... Jamco no longer offers. But fat man has dropped spindels, I used Scarebird disc brake conversion , very pleased, needed new pedals and master cylinder.

8. pcialone

pcialone

are those stock 56 Buick wheels?

9. pcialone

pcialone

No, they are Buick 5X5 Ralley wheel , started in 1964..... cut centers , welded to 8" wide outers....255/60 15 rear, 235/60 15 front. don't rub front fenders because Scarebird disc brakes were a little narrower than stock. Chevy Astro front rotors 5X5 pattern. Rear spacers to get from GM 4.75 to 5X5.

10. 001.JPG Was so nice here today I backed my wagon out of the shop so I can clean it tomorrow.Still got to hot View attachment 2831122 wire it to move it.Bruce.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
    Ulrich Wöckener and Nickrodder like this.
  11. I changed the picture since everyone thought I was giving the finger to you all.It was 2 fingers .I was trying to give a salute! Bruce.