Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods My idea of Hot Rot heaven, Friends collection

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cowtown Speed Shop, Dec 17, 2014.

1. 53 effie

53 effie

Ummm. just WOW!!!

2. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

thanks for sharing Doug!

3. syracusegli

syracusegli
    from ny

..well.... thats just not fair. what a collection. I could use that 34' ford cab (and then some)

4. Does he need a adopted son?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. Great collection, good on him for having the foresight to collect and store these cars, parts. I don't see this as a waste, when the day arrives for these bodies to be sold they are all future hot rods.

6. haychrishay

haychrishay

It's been said but WOW! I think it would be cool to just be able to tour the place, and you're lucky that he is a friend and lets you look.. How bout a HAMB ers only tour?

7. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

A man with a vision carried through , i like it.

8. Johnboy34

Johnboy34
    from Seattle,Wa

o_O Never Dreamed I'd ever see a stash like that in the last 20 or 30 or so years!! He's had to have had them for sooo long, most of us know how hard it has been to find 32 thru 34 Fords over that many years let alone be able to bring them home! :confused::confused: Thanks for sharing and I look forward to seeing more, Just wow wow wow !!:)

9. Roadsir

Roadsir

You just dont expect to ever see anything like that around anymore..totally incredible......

As you said he is not interested in money but financially ummmmm tax wise he might best off slowly down-sizing the collection with cash sales, versus a huge auction some day, that is unless he doesn't plan on parting with it ever in his lifetime, which is his perogative.

10. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

11. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

one 34 sedan! thats all i want!! just one

12. hotrodderhaag I was thinking just one 34 5W is all I want. To match my 34 sedan.

13. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My 1&1/2 cents would be. That this guy needs a BIG pat on the back for saving this stuff from being crushed. Or even worse, pastel paint, billet wheels and tweed interior. But my question is, is he really saving it now? I would bet that some of the stuff in the field was in better condition when he got it. And those bodies standing on their nose in the dirt and probably as out of square as they will ever be. Just makes me shake my head. I myself wouldn't be interested in anything there. '30's cars really don't do it for me. But I would bet there are guy's on here that would trade a couple years of their life for some. That being said. It's his stuff, he can do what he wants. Be I don't understand why.

14. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

[QUOTE It's his stuff, he can do what he wants. Be I don't understand why.[/QUOTE]

Here is why he has so much stuff, Because He loves it!...Very few people understand guys like this, I do because I am one as well. I get people come to my place and say, I have more projects and stuff than any one man needs, But I will buy another one tomorrow if it is something I like and can afford. for me family and hot rods is it!....If I am not working on one of my hot rods, You can bet your ass I am thinking about it, almost 24-7.....Some of you will watch the super bowl this weekend,...I do not even Know what teams are playing, Nor do I give a shit!...I only know it is going to be on because of them talking about it on my car radio. For me and guys like this, Hot rods is not a hobby, It is a way of Life!....Also this guy had the insight to know back then that this stuff would grow in value, So that makes him a smart investor. truth is he is only one man, And yes as far as him getting all of these projects built, Time is not going to allow that, But because he works hard everyday, And has made smart investments most of his life. He Does not need to sell any of it, And if this was my stuff and I had all the money I could ever need, I would not sell any of it either....LOL....He does sell some stuff here and there, But he knows the market very well, And what he sells he does it at his own pace,

bowie and lewk like this.
  15. CrazyVern

CrazyVern

Holy smokes, incredible collection! It also helps as I can show the old lady and it makes my collection look tiny.

16. mj40's

mj40's

Nice friend to have!

17. Thanks for taking the time to post the pictures.

18. Awesome stuff.
    Might take a few extra years to wait for the value of the AMC Pacer collection to catch up with the Vickys n such.

19. raven

raven

Wow, he's got a pacer...
    r