Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1954 Chevy bumper question

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by 54FISH, Jan 28, 2015.

1. 54FISH

54FISH
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hello , looking for a 3 piece original front & rear bumper in really good to re chromed condition . If anyone has one please hit me up , but my question is this : if having to go with aftermarket or nos California 1 piece bumper , can bumper guards be installed in these . I see the holes but are they mount holes for brackets ? Are there holes for bumper guards also & if not used just fill with bumper bolts ??

2. barett

barett
    from Taylor TX

Pretty sure you can, the guards bolt on through that hole to the bracket behind... I've got a set but not in very good shape, straight just need redone..

3. atomickustom

atomickustom

Yes, the one-piece bumpers have the hole for bumper guards. The cars that came new in '53 and '54 with one-piece bumpers had the same bumper guards as those with three-piece bumpers.
    I have a re-chromed three-piece bumper on the back of my 53 Chevy, and an aftermarket one piece bumper on the front. The bumper guards don't care which they are being bolted to.
    If your car is really nice, stick to the re-chromed originals. The repos are nice, but they are not identical to the originals.

Just Gary likes this.
  4. 54FISH

54FISH
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Should have went one piece way. New( used) 3 piece giving me a fuck of a time mounting .