Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. LeoH

LeoH
    from Reno, NV

From the cheap seats, that car, and color, is sort of low key; having the spoked wheels sets them off more so than if you go with the generic chrome reverse rims. imho.

2. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Looks good though!

James D likes this.
  3. Thanks. Hudson, like Mercury on the '40, rather dropped the ball on the roofline I feel.

4. Hey OahuEli....We haven't seen you much around these parts lately. Time to get to work :)

5. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Yep, between work, home and other stuff I haven't been around much. Thats gonna change. I've missed doing photoshop work. 'Fact I even got some ideas for that nose high Hudson.:D

Squablow likes this.
  6. amsgd

amsgd
    from England

7. madfish

madfish

8. Amsgd, and madfish, that looks much better.
    I wonder how it would look with blackwalls?

daddio211 likes this.
  9. bw.jpg

10. Dam it Moose, now I can't say I like one better than the other. They are both awesome.
    Don't matter really, only what the owner likes is important.

madfish and amsgd like this.
  11. amsgd

amsgd
    from England

Thanks madfish and moose. I will start sourcing a set for the car. With regards to the tires I have to agree with what kiwijeff said as I too am not sure which one I like the most.
    I think I will print them both out and stick them on my toolbox and keep studying them.
    Thanks again.
    Graham

12. 1942 Hudson sedan side.jpg Sedan convertible.jpg
    Bring on the Hudson ideas! I actually got two of em to play with-a coupe and a four door sedan that's becoming a phantom four door convertible. (Cars in pics are not mine just for ref)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
    LeoH likes this.
  13. daddio211

daddio211

Cool car! I'm partial to green A Tudors on Salt Flats too!

Just my opinion here, but to me white walls and custom wheels don't work well together. White walls work well with steelies and hubcaps (or no hubcaps) blackwalls work well with aluminum and magnesium wheels.
    c
    On that same token whitewalls are for customs while blackwalls are for hot rods and race cars. Again, my opinion.

Your car kind of blurs the custom versus hot rod thing, but does so nicely. Too many elements can confuse the theme of what looks to be a well built and thought out car. I'd leave it the way it is before swapping to aluminum wheels. If you want to change it up a simple set of early 50's caps may do wonders.

Again, just my opinion but food for thought. Bitchin' car!

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
    amsgd likes this.
  14. madfish

madfish

15. Good stuff madfish...I subscribed to the channel and I'll spread the word. Did you ever think of doing this stuff for a living?;):D:D

16. madfish

madfish

Thanks.
    Hah! I was a full time commercial director for many years. I used to do ESPN, McDonalds, etc, etc, etc. Still a member of the DGA and working on a screen play that I hope to direct. I don't do it full time anymore because of my position at the VCU Brandcenter.

17. madfish

madfish

Ok, my turn. I jumped on the Hudson and tried to make an early Barris/Westergard custom. Chopped, channeled and sectioned. Fenders are extended fore and aft with door posts given a forward lean. The goal was to keep it clean, altered
    yet subtle and organic.

hudson custom copy.jpg

18. drtybiker

drtybiker
    from florida

Can someone please put american salt flat wheels on my truck there is a set in the forum classifieds for sale and I would like to see how they look on my red ford wrong body, thank you IMG_941417531708936.jpeg

19. drtybiker

drtybiker
    from florida

downloadfile-4.jpeg Here is a picture of the wheels .If not to much trouble a picture red and a picture with the truck black I most likly will leave it red but I really like flat/matte black so a

20. 2.jpg

LeoH and kiwijeff like this.
  21. drtybiker

drtybiker
    from florida

That looks awsome thank you very much

22. amsgd

amsgd
    from England

Thanks for your thoughts on it and I take onboard about not confusing the theme. I'll look into the steelies and caps as an option.
    If possible could moose or madfish maybe modify the photo to see how the car could look with them on the whitewalls.

23. madfish

madfish

24. amsgd

amsgd
    from England

25. daddio211

daddio211

Just to mix it up a little, orange complements and contrasts the green really well. How about orange steelies tied together with some orange striping on the body?

LeoH likes this.
  26. StefanS

StefanS
    from Maryland

Hey guys can I get someone to add lakes pipes to this? Thinking of putting functional pipes on but I can't picture them or find any pictures of them on a '54. Thanks IMG_20150126_220120.jpg

27. Here's something totally different. Drop the top and fold down the window pillers and go cruising.

1942 Hudson sedan side2.jpg

verde742, LeoH, madfish and 1 other person like this.
  28. We'll give it a look....

22.jpg

29. LeoH

LeoH
    from Reno, NV

All is right with the universe. The wifey saw this and she liked it even without knowing this was the paint scheme I liked most as well!

30. I used the image in your avatar and cleaned it up a bit..I liked the angle better.

444.jpg

kiwijeff likes this.