Register now to get rid of these ads!

AMBR winner

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by therealjakeg, Jan 25, 2015.

1. therealjakeg

therealjakeg
    from Arizona

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1422250235.182233.jpg

Taaa Daaaaa!

Enjoy

2. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Which car finished second?

jack_pine, Countn'Carbs and fine29 like this.
  3. exterminator

exterminator

4. BLUDICE

BLUDICE

Oh well, another '33 black car with flames - very nice car but-----.

carothersbs, bct, 312 and 4 others like this.

5. I agree, just a bit BOARING!
    The Wizzard

6. butch27

butch27

Who owns this one?

7. squirrel

squirrel

8. 5window

5window

Well, the middle isn't bad, but something is wrong with the back end line and I don'tr like the curve of the front fenders much. Not crazy about those wheels either. But, he's the man with the big trophy. I wonder what that car cost to build?

9. sota

sota

There were some HAMB guys involved in this Bitchin roadster, Mike & Jim @Barillaro Speed Emporium did the exhaust on the roadster . Josh Shaw did the flames.

10. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

I like it. the stance is right on for me...

11. After looking at all the entries, I'll say they could have done a lot worse with their pick.

Dago 88, bct, clem and 4 others like this.
  12. Saxxon

Saxxon

From what I have read the fit and finish on this is the best of the lot. I have to agree I was a little disappointed to see (in my opinion) a dated body style take the bigger then the average bear AMBR trophy. Kudos to the builders and financiers / Owners. It's an amazing build and worthy of all the awards and media credits that will go with it for the next year. Once it's life on the show circuit is done - drive the chrome off of it...that's what it's all about isn't ??

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
  13. Mr 42

Mr 42
    from Sweden

I like it looks like mine with fenders. sortoff :)

Montana1 likes this.
  14. town sedan

town sedan

Not that my opinion matters, but when I look at this years winner..., well it feels like I'm at a NSRA show. Nothing wrong with the car, just not my cup of tea. -Dave.

15. MAD 034

MAD 034
    from Washington

Agreed

16. the-rodster

the-rodster

Yawn.

It looks like every car that Alloway has ever built.

C'mon, use some imagination.

Rich

chopdtop, Muttley and 2002p51 like this.
  17. hiboyroadsterboy

hiboyroadsterboy
    from Mass

I don't understand the haters.I know its not a tradition car,and I like tradition cars.Would I build it that style,NO,but would I drive it,Yes.It sure looks nice to me.

Montana1 likes this.
  18. 5window

5window

I don't think anyone's hating it-too strong an emotion. seems like the folks who don't like it acknowledge the craftsmanship, we just don't like the car all that much. Well done, not new or innovative. I bet it'll never hit the highway.

2002p51 likes this.
  19. I don't hate the car,it's beautiful but it looks like every car Bobby has built in the last 20 years! HRP

[​IMG]

20. town sedan

town sedan

HOTRODPRIMER, thanks for the photo. Looks like deja vu all over again! Find something you do well and keep doing it. LOL! -Dave.

volvobrynk likes this.
  21. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

Really!!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

22. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Not bad. Get rid of the big ass wheels and it would look 100% better..............

23. tevintage

tevintage

I agree with HRP it did not break any new ground. I kept walking by it thinking it looked a wee dated. Also To me full fendered cars look more finished and smarter with bumpers. The Hollywood 32 looked the best to me. Maybe less gaudy wheels would have helped. TEB

24. does he know Susan Lucci?
    edit; not meant to be derogatory, great actress, consistent, given her "just desserts" late.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
    scrap metal 48 likes this.
  25. Nice car, it could have been worse. Remember that God awful 32 ford hiboy with the hooptee wheels that won not too long ago?

26. Shamus

Shamus
    from NC

Bobby didn't build this one but then again, it didn't cost what he charges either. In keeping with full disclosure, the flames were down by Bill Roell (he did some for Bobby) in my friends garage. I had a lot of fun in this car but let it go to finish my '34 roadster.
    100_0026.jpg

volvobrynk likes this.
  27. A.A.Additude

A.A.Additude
    from NE Kansas

Bobby keeps it real and sticks to his guns with his trademark look, good for him. Smooth and subtle, that car is killer. Bout time a "hotrod" car won this award. Some past years left me scratching my head. The amount of work bobby puts in 33-34 always floored me. You almost dont realize it until you see a stock fender 33-34 sitting next to it..

Flat-N-Low likes this.
  28. lstwsh

lstwsh
    from Dayton,Oh

If the trophy is for Most Beautiful Roadster I think this car should have won. The other cars were very nice but all had some thing that just didn't look right. I agreed it looks like his other cars which I do like. If the fit and finish was top notch even better. It all in what you like but only what the judges like is what matters. I was lucky enough to work on 2 previous winners and can tell you it is a lot of work and you never think your car is nice enough.

29. 5window

5window

It may be AMBR but it sure isn't a hotrod. Maybe a streetrod, certainly a show car, but it's not a hotrod.

barett likes this.
  30. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

Guys need to lighten up on the "street rod" thing, cause if it wasn't for the NSRA and the street rod movement starting in the late 60's to early 70's, this forum wouldn't exist.

joel, rockable, superleggera and 2 others like this.