Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 33/34 Ford Phaeton body prices

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by blindowl, Jan 20, 2015.

1. blindowl

blindowl
    BANNED
    from MASS

Just wondering what a nice rot free US 33/34 ford Phaeton body would go for in today's market. I never see any for sale . I know there's a company in Australia making them for 20k

2. alchemy

alchemy

Probably about 20k.

3. Thats the thing... you don't see them. Especially 33/34. While i was in the market for a phaeton, i heard where a couple solid deuce phaeton bodies were being sold in the 15/20 range. Never saw or heard of a steel 33/34 on the market though.

4. B Bay Barn

B Bay Barn

Check with Lynne at Pews Place here on the HAMB. If there's one to be had he probably knows where it is. Here is his web site:

http://www.pewsplace.com/page/3/

kidcampbell71 likes this.

5. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

I'd say @alchemy is probably on the mark or at least at a good starting point. I was poking around CL today and saw a glass 37 body for sale that I hadn't seen before. It was made by Downs. They make 34 bodies too but the closest thing was a tudor and that started around 12k+, so, yeah, 20k isn't bad for a real steel Phaeton. I've seen a couple complete and restored ones listed in the 60k range.

6. 20k for a good body is probably the low end, and I'd be happy to get a restored one for 60k. Heck, I've seen restored cabrio's and coupes for that much.

7. blindowl

blindowl
    BANNED
    from MASS

Just looking for a body this fall. Keep your eyes open fore guys

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

8. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Continental John on here has a nice one that he wants to sell/trade. I know of two here in the LA area and both are basket cases. Asking prices normally run in the $15-20K range for a decent American body, Aussie's bring less. Phaetons are not that popular and due to the scarcity of bodies are often restored rather than made into hot rods. I love'm and keep track of ones for sale. If you are 6' tall you will need to move the front seat back as they are real tight.

wide5.jpg
    Mild chop and sinister straight black paint makes a striking impact on the highway.

IMG_5154.jpg
    Here is a 34 with a similar look. Very beautiful cars.

9. blindowl

blindowl
    BANNED
    from MASS

Oh man , I love those. I picked up a super clean 33/34 restored chassis the other day. So I will be looking for a nice Phaeton body.
    I did want a 33/34 roadster but can't take the whole family in that. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1421962974.314885.jpg

Sandgroper and patmanta like this.
  10. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Wow the top pheaton is just bitchen and the look iI would be going after. I have been a huge fan of tub for some time now and have had a few. It's true space is a issue and being a big dude 6'3 265 don't fit in them well. I do have to say I fit very well in my 1933 but the interior is worn so the cushion maybe smaller and smashed down. My phaeton is a old barn find survivor with old paint and worn interior . The body has never been apart from the chassie but fenders were off when I got it years ago. It now has nos rear fenders and nice fronts old boards but nice. I have 2 grills for her one nice on the car and the other being a rechromed original that was plated 20 years ago and put on a shelf and a great grill. I also have 2 nos radiators 4 banger and a flathead . The car has no rust but some dry rotted issue with the wood like most. The wood is intact but you can just tell with a bit of give on pressure . .
    I really like the car but being a pretty rare car 33 standard and the low numbers of them being made a couple hundred or so. I don't think I would drive the car and drive them I do and the reason I would like to do something .

2014-11-25 20.06.28.png QUOTE="Pewsplace, post: 10806192, member: 27957"]Continental John on here has a nice one that he wants to sell/trade. I know of two here in the LA area and both are basket cases. Asking prices normally run in the $15-20K range for a decent American body, Aussie's bring less. Phaetons are not that popular and due to the scarcity of bodies are often restored rather than made into hot rods. I love'm and keep track of ones for sale. If you are 6' tall you will need to move the front seat back as they are real tight.

View attachment 2816802
    Mild chop and sinister straight black paint makes a striking impact on the highway.

View attachment 2816801
    Here is a 34 with a similar look. Very beautiful cars.[/QUOTE]

11. blindowl

blindowl
    BANNED
    from MASS

What's are the prices on a 33/34 roadster body

12. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

IDK about roadster bodies, but I saw a guy asking 18k for a 33 coupe cab & frame today

13. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Oh Boy I believe finding either is going to be a chore . I know the pheaton production numbers are a few thousand in 33 and not much better in 34. I don't know about the roadster and should check my book on number. I would think prices are about the same but what do I know I like 32's

14. The37Kid

The37Kid

Someone had one here on the HAMB a few years ago, cut it in half to make a Roadster. The back half must be around somewere. Bob

15. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Ha ha ha that was me when I wanted a roadster I never did chop it up but did get some angry emails and messages

Bandit Billy likes this.
  16. alchemy

alchemy

continentaljohn likes this.
  17. Awe hell, they make 5w coupes out of 4 drs. and 3w coupes out of 2 drs it's gotta be easier to make a phaeton than a coupe out of one

18. This is an Australian body one that I have known about for a number of years I know the owner would sell it for the right $$.
    DSC02522.JPG DSC02523.JPG

19. blindowl

blindowl
    BANNED
    from MASS

Super cool , I really like the US body better. Looks like I'm building one from a 4 door sedan this fall.

sloppy jalopies likes this.
  20. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

you have the skills nils. if you carve one up from a 4 door, i'm sure it will be cool

sloppy jalopies likes this.
  21. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Here a few more that are in the LA area. The green one is my friends who has owned it for 30+ years and put 180,000 miles on the speedo. Never any rust like John's

lonestar roundup 055.jpg

lonestar roundup 055.jpg
    At the Roundup a few years ago. Cowboy Dave is a long distance Dude.

nojoqui falla 2013 015.jpg

Fat Jack built this beauty and I see it all the time. Santa Barbara area.

nat1650.jpg
    I think this owner moved because I never see it anymore. I like'm chopped!

mgtstumpy likes this.
  22. kmercarswell

kmercarswell
    from barrie

23. kmercarswell

kmercarswell
    from barrie

Found this 33 Aussie phaeton at the la roadster show in the spring can't remember how much but the phone # is in pic

24. fortynut

fortynut

This one is slightly off-topic and I don't mean ill of the OP, but whenever I see a '33 or '34 this image always comes to mind.

25. blindowl

blindowl
    BANNED
    from MASS

I've seen that before. You see the bullet groups ? That car wasn't moving with groups. The dicks just kept firing and firing at the car.

26. I would promise my next male grand child for one. (smile)

27. Blackroad

Blackroad
    from Sydney

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1424135028.325828.jpg this one belongs to Waddingtons who make the bodies in Australia. Was for sale at victorian hot rod show for $75000

mgtstumpy and i.rant like this.
  28. blindowl

blindowl
    BANNED
    from MASS

Looks like I'm building one from a 4 door

29. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

the 4 door guys are gonna be pissed!

continentaljohn likes this.
  30. socal34

socal34

There are 3 Phaetons on the streets in Camarillo, Ca. 2 street rods and one restored. Also another one not far from here for sale about 70,000. A nice steel car with Jag rear end
    All the mugs are from the LA Roadster show, one per year

Attached Files: