Register now to get rid of these ads!

Type legibility

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by 50Fraud, Jan 3, 2015.

1. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Somebody on the OFC has complained that the type is too faint to be easily read by someone with cataracts developing. He said something like "this half-tone BS sucks". I imagine that a participant can elect to have type viewed at a larger size, but I don't know how. Is that possible, or not?

2. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

You can hit the CTRL key, then the + key, and make the type size larger. Doesn't do anything for the shade, just enlarges the entire page, pics and type.

Same procedure to make it smaller, just use the - instead of the plus key.

3. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Thanks for that. On my iMAC, it seems to be Command+, but it works great.

4. I brought this up in a discussed back in July when all the changes were taking place and campaigned for a bolder/darker type but it seemed all the member involved in the debate said it was easy to read and didn't need to be changed.

I know about enlarging the screen but that still don't help to much for guys with vision problems. HRP

lothiandon1940 likes this.

5. Depending on the browser you're using, you may also be able to adjust the size of the text only, without enlarging the images and graphics on the page. At the top of the browser window you might find a way to do this by clicking where it says "Settings", "Tools" or "View" and looking for a menu item that says "Text Size". How well it works seems to be somewhat dependent on the browser you're using and the web site itself.

Using Ctrl or Cmnd on the keyboard while rolling the scroll wheel on the mouse will also zoom the page in and out. You might also consider adjusting the brightness and/or contrast settings of your monitor.

HOTRODPRIMER and lothiandon1940 like this.
  6. Just for the record, ClayMart, which browser are you using, 'cause I like the way your posts are presented? My old eyes can actually read them.:)

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  7. What Don said..Your post are easy to read,the text is larger and bolder. HRP

8. It's not a matter of my browser but rather the forum software used here.

Next time you open a Reply window give this a try. Click in the body of the Reply window to place the text cursor there. Then at the top of the window find the button that changes the Font Family. It should be the 6th button from the left. Click it and from the drop-down menu that opens select Tahoma for your font. Then type in your reply and see what you think. I don't find it necessary to change the font size.

The only problem I see is that the forum software won't remember your new choice of font, or at least I haven't figured out how to do it yet. The next time you make a reply it will go back to the default font and you'll have to manually change it again.

9. OK,I'm giving it a try. HRP

10. Well,that worked..if only we could click something to remember. HRP

try again..Thanks man.

Well,that worked..if only we could click something to remember. HRP

11. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Well, whaddya know? That's pretty slick. Thanks!

12. That is so much easier to read & I do not have any eye problems. the default font here is pretty bad, especially numbers!

13. Thanks, gonna give it a try.

14. Come on Don,we are waiting..I know you can do it. HRP

[​IMG]

ClayMart and lothiandon1940 like this.
  15. Hey Danny, How did you sneak in the house and take a picture of me?:D:eek::D:eek:

ClayMart and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  16. st.rod

st.rod

17. Yes much better.
    So now all we need to do is GET EVERY BODY to change the font or talk @Ryan into changing the default

18. When Ryan was in the process he was asking what everybody thought,I along with a few others pleaded for bolder darker type but obviously there were a lot of younger guys that have 20/20 vision and said they didn't like the idea.

At my age I know my vision is not what it use to be so I just enlarged my screen to compensate. HRP

19. You know, sometimes I hit the reply button and then read it in the text box

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  20. That works too! :) HRP