Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects What happens in my garage

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by dlandberg, Jan 25, 2015.

1. dlandberg

dlandberg
    from Sweden

My name is David from sweden and i have been member on here for some years but never posted a thred until now, had many cars over the years but last spring i bought this Ford 1949 shoebox from California. Started directly and worked on it so i could get it legal here in sweden and rebuilt brakes, rear end, transmisson and all parts in front member then the car was approved and street legal here in sweden. I do little work on it now and then in my garage and throw up some pics. I also work on a Mercury 1956 station wagoon that i am gonna rebuilt the engine in.

Here are the car when i brought it home:

IMG_0130.JPG

Here is the car now, yesterday i did som work of the suspention to get it a little lower in the back when i rebuilt the rear end i did lower it 3 inches with block but i always wanted it a little lower so i removed 3 leafs on both sides then it get perfect for now.
    IMG_0418.JPG IMG_0419.JPG IMG_0420.JPG

I had a friend help me to lay some pinstripe on the oil filter and i think i was pretty good:
    IMG_0390.JPG IMG_0398.JPG

I have also installed dual temperatur caughtes so i have good view of each cylinder heads temp, i drove hole last summer without temperatur view.......
    IMG_0389.JPG

thats all for now more to come, will start painting the interior surondings and dash white
    this week maybe.

2. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Nice,looking better for sure.

HOTRODPRIMER and dlandberg like this.
  3. dlandberg

dlandberg
    from Sweden

thanks! see you are from florida Dana will go to Orlando on april 25 to get some sun insted of the snow and ice here in sweden now!!! hope the weather is good there then :)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
    dana barlow likes this.
  4. I agree with Dana,the car looks good! HRP

5. dlandberg

dlandberg
    from Sweden

thank you!

HJLrulz likes this.
  6. dlandberg

dlandberg
    from Sweden

On my way out to the garage i took a picture on how it looks here in sweden with all snow and ice not to cool..... ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1422193905.378162.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. Nice work looks Great stance is right on! Thank you for posting Nice pic of the garage I just came in from starting a fire to warm mine up looks the same as yours on the outside with the snow and ice. Jim

8. Love your shoebox. Sounds like you're having a great time with it. Bring on Spring!

volvobrynk and dlandberg like this.
  9. dlandberg

dlandberg
    from Sweden

Are doing the same as you for now warming up the garage with a fire so i could get some work done!

10. dlandberg

dlandberg
    from Sweden

thanks! yes i really like it, always wanted a shoebox but it is hard to find the perfect here in sweden wanted just this modell without delux chrome and the cupe´ modell they look the best with the top chopped i think but thats way in future for now :)

volvobrynk likes this.
  11. The37Kid

The37Kid

Nice looking car, weather is the same here. Bob

dlandberg likes this.
  12. Very cool, this is what it's all about, get it home and make it your own. Love it !!!!
    Our winter here is pretty mild this year but this is what last winter was like.

Attached Files:

13. Nice looking car. Please keep posting updates.

dlandberg likes this.
  14. dlandberg

dlandberg
    from Sweden

Thanks! Here come some more pics of what im doing just now have taking some of the interior down for paint ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1422199282.928084.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1422199299.145715.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1422199312.530842.jpg rest of the interior is quite nice so i may leve it as it is for now planing on white tuck n roll on maybe in future

50 customcoupe and 51 mercules like this.
  15. dlandberg

dlandberg
    from Sweden

I also plan on shaving the trunk lid so i removed the chrome to get a better look but before i fill the holes with lead i will try to find a paint that match mine i dont have the paint code but at work we have some tests ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1422199919.223886.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1422199935.575564.jpg

16. Great looking shoe box! The bike looks cool to. I am in snow and ice as well, makes it harder to work on my monster in the shop. Have fun, and be safe. Mikey

dlandberg likes this.
  17. dlandberg

dlandberg
    from Sweden

Thanks! The bike is an triumph trident 1969 built as a 60-70s bobber.

kiwijeff likes this.
  18. The37Kid

The37Kid

Great wall art, and bikes in the background. Bob

dlandberg likes this.
  19. dlandberg

dlandberg
    from Sweden

Yeah i like things on walls feels a little cousier and warmer in the garage or what to say? ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1422201516.981365.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1422201543.466667.jpg

20. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

Nice car! And bike too. Are you gonna chop the shoebox?
    Had a 50 sedan I chopped and a triumph T120 single carb chopper too. I wish people would quit offering me money for the things I have....

dlandberg likes this.
  21. dlandberg

dlandberg
    from Sweden

Thank you! Yes planing to chop the shoebox but dont know if i have the skills to do it yet, never done a chop but collecting info on how to do it the propper way i like the old style chops

22. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

Chopping one up is easy. Doing it right is harder. Both are a lot of fun!

kiwijeff likes this.
  23. choptruck

choptruck

Great looking Shoebox. Too bad I am so far away, I could spend some time hanging around a cool looking shop!

24. dlandberg

dlandberg
    from Sweden

Thanks alot! Yes you had been welocome to hangaround and maybe sving a beer o two :)

25. Thanks for sharing with us, nice car, hope you have a great summer with it.

dlandberg likes this.
  26. dlandberg

dlandberg
    from Sweden

Thanks! Yes i have tried too look there but it says that i dont have the permission to view that forum? Iam a paying hamb member so i dont know whats wrong....

27. Nice shoebox, David. Also you have a very nice garage there. I'll be following this thread.

dlandberg likes this.
  28. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

You have to join for that social forum,there is a social forum tools-bar.When you open that,you are able to join in the forum.
    White shit on the ground doesnt matter,when you have cool garage like that.Your rides looks pretty cool too.
    I noticed that the blower motor was deleted on your car.It might be a handy,even if you dont ride your shoebox at winter time..

dlandberg likes this.
  29. dlandberg

dlandberg
    from Sweden

Really fun that so many of you find intresst in what happens in my garage so i throw in some more pictures of when i lift out the motor of the mercury, my first thought was to throw in a smaller Ford 302 motor insted of the 390 but after tering it appart it is worth rebuilding so have ordered a reubiult kit but its gonna take until spring for the parts to come so that is on ice for now. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1422208193.054048.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1422208213.939488.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1422208238.174489.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1422208276.844836.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1422208311.480950.jpg